Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Folks thanks,
It's great to be a member. The waits the worst but I don't feel alone in that catagory . So here we are in the little town of Tracy, Ca. Had to go to Modesto 50 miles out to order this from the Saturn dealer there, about a $2500 mark up vice $5000 at the other dealers. We are number two on their list and in Pleasenton we would have been 27th (ouch!). If there's any proof that being lower numbered actually gets you a delivery quicker then I sure would like to know.
I also got a cold air intake factory installed, any idea what that actually estimates out to for horse power added? At any rate we can't wait for delivery and to make our first run in this beauty. When the time comes we'll set the plan and hit the corners, I think a coastal drive up 101 is the first choice though, it's great in our pony but it ought to be even more magnificant in the Sky!

PS how about the HP rating on the factory CAI anyone calculate this out yet?

"Nothin' but Blue Sky's from now on!"

deposit put down two weeks ago
Imaged 23/06/06
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
6 Disc Monssoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
337 Posts
Aloha 2 U

StarlightSky said:
Folks thanks,
It's great to be a member. The waits the worst but I don't feel alone in that catagory . So here we are in the little town of Tracy, Ca. Had to go to Modesto 50 miles out to order this from the Saturn dealer there, about a $2500 mark up vice $5000 at the other dealers. We are number two on their list and in Pleasenton we would have been 27th (ouch!). If there's any proof that being lower numbered actually gets you a delivery quicker then I sure would like to know.
I also got a cold air intake factory installed, any idea what that actually estimates out to for horse power added? At any rate we can't wait for delivery and to make our first run in this beauty. When the time comes we'll set the plan and hit the corners, I think a coastal drive up 101 is the first choice though, it's great in our pony but it ought to be even more magnificant in the Sky!

PS how about the HP rating on the factory CAI anyone calculate this out yet?

"Nothin' but Blue Sky's from now on!"

deposit put down two weeks ago
Imaged 23/06/06
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
6 Disc Monssoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Cold Air Intake

Well Aloha to you Star...I'm sorry to hear you are getting screwed with the MARK UP.

It's a sad thing...There are good people and bad...I would never trust a dealership that marks up a car so high. This is why I had to go to Several Dealerships that would finally sell me the SKY for MSRP.

Please have that final price of yours in writing....if not GET IT DONE ASAP. I am not telling you this to scare you but to make you more Knowledgable when it comes to dealing with Saturn dealerships looking for a big payoff. Many have agreed on a price then when they went to pick up thier Sky thier Dealer had put on Dealer ADD-ONs...putting thousands more onto the Price of the Sky...Skys have been selling at dealerships for up to $35,000 WITH MARK-UP PRICES AND DEALER ADD-ONS. :eek:

As for being # 2 on a list...Yes and no on being lower on a list means you get your Sky sooner...If you are #2 on your Dealership and you haven't got your Sky yet...that's just WACKY! From the sound of it it seems your Dealerships must have a small amount of Allocations...Meaning depending on the Revenue your Dealership brings in every year that is what dictates how many Skys they will be getting for the year.
Your Dealership may be getting only 5-10 Skys total for the year...who knows. As for being #27 at another Dealership...being #27 doesn't mean they are getting 27 Skys or more...That other Dealership may be getting only 16 Skys for the Year....What being # 27 means...your order would be placed for the following production year and when the 27th Sky you ordered comes in is when you would get it.

I could even go on with this...I have learned so much from this Site...searching the Web...and asking, QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS!

In my Case...My dealership is getting 18 SKY ALLOCATIONS this year...I was #3 on the LIST...I ordered in MARCH 06....

I still have not recieved my Sky...infact It was told to me My Sky would have Landed on 6/22/06...It will hopfully be at the Dealership this week.

This is how it worked for me::rolleyes:

The First Sky into the Dealership was a DEMO, The second that was ordered came in #1, The third Sky came in was another DEMO,
the forth ordered Sky came in #2, The fifth Sky was another DEMO, and mine should be here next week which is the 6th overall SKY that has come into the DEALERSHIP but only the actual #3 one ordered. So 3 Skys had been DEMOS that had NOT BEEN ORDERED....The dealership only has 12 more SKYs coming in this year! So the DEMO's count against the total Allocations of Skys coming in.

I hope this explains things a little better for you.

So all Dealerships are different...it's a crap shoot with how each one works...Either you will be Lucky...or not...simple as that.

Ok....now as for the CAI...The GM PERFORMANCE CAI should net you another 7-10PH

Add some Clear Image Headers, a KS-1 Exhaust and a ECM Computer Retune/ReFlash and you are talking 220hp give or take a few.

Good luck and welcome...ALOHAS 2 U :cool:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
StarlightSky said:
If there's any proof that being lower numbered actually gets you a delivery quicker then I sure would like to know.
I also got a cold air intake factory installed.
Heylo and congrats on such a good placement on a list!!!

A couple of things...

A: You should get the car sooner then #3 on the list... but that doesn't happen... for example, a person that imaged a month afterme got his yesterday and mine is still sitting at the plant.

2: The cold air intake will always be a dealer installed accessory and in such, you should be getting both. The stock air intake items, while not worth too much... are still yours. :thumbs:

·
Registered
388 Posts
I was #3 at my dealer who told me they had high allocations (12 cars for the year). What they didn't tell me is that the first 6 were going to be dealer demos. None of them were what we wanted so we kept waiting. Once they received their 6th car (3 months) we were able to order ours in June. The #1 and #2 people bought the demos so we are the first customer ordered car. Soooooo, people at the bottom of the list already have a car before us, even though we are #3. Make sense? Every dealer is different so ask questions! I would have switched to another dealer if I had known what they were doing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts