Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
The turbo exhaust will give you 2 exhaust tips, so a new rear fascia or cutting yours will be required. If you're looking for rumble/noise, best to go aftermarket.

·
Registered
422 Posts
A few options if you are after noise.
Solo and magnaflow catback systems.
Others have just replaced the heavy factory muffler.

Couple have done a muffler delete on the 2.4. Too loud and raspy IMO.
Sounds great in he 2.0 because the noice is chopped up through the turbo.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
In answer to the original question - if I understand the question correctly... Yes, you can replace a factory NA muffler with a factory Redline one, and it sounds GREAT! The Turbo muffler has less sound deadening (since the turbo itself muffles the sound) so the turbo exhaust on an NA gives a great crackly throaty rumble and snarl.

As SSR2015 said, though, you'll have to change the rear fascia or cut another hole for the second tip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought my sky last weekend. It was one owner. His wife worked at the dealer at the time. It's a base but the dealership offered him a factory redline exhaust as they had replaced someone's redline exhaust with a custom. So, it has the lower valance and exhaust of the redline. Great sound. Fun little car so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome Todd. They are fun little cars but they can become a bit of an addiction. LOL
Thanks! Truth be told, I am a Corvette guy from a Corvette family. Used to daily driver a 2001 Z06. However, my first ever car was a 1986 Fiero GT and this time around I wanted to return to that feeling! Low, tight and claustrophobic! And I'm loving it so far. Look forward to many good discussions on here.

·
Super Moderator
11,186 Posts
Thanks! Truth be told, I am a Corvette guy from a Corvette family. Used to daily driver a 2001 Z06. However, my first ever car was a 1986 Fiero GT and this time around I wanted to return to that feeling! Low, tight and claustrophobic! And I'm loving it so far. Look forward to many good discussions on here.
You'll find these cars are like mini Corvettes. LOL I always joke with Vette owners that my car wants to become their car when it grows up. LOL

·
Registered
759 Posts
the exhaust note will never be like a large V8. They are a small 4. My lexus V8nhas an awsome sound and I found out why. Its got the same ignition sequence as a Flathead Ford.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts