Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am intrigued by the Magnaflow quad tip dual exhaust system that Robotech had installed, and I am considering this modification once Magnaflow makes it available. However, I was wondering what effect such a cat-back system modification will have on voiding the GM manufacturers warranty, especially warranties covering the drive train and the engine.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
It will NOT void your full warranty... it will only void the warranty on the stock exhaust system or if is found to have caused the issue the vehicle was brought into the shop for. Doubtful the exhaust would cause damage to the engine and even less possibility for it to damage the drivetrain.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
I have the Borla cat-back and love it. If you check out the Borla FAQ they talk all about warranties and laws to protect you if you get a custom exhaust.

Find it all here... (Scroll down for the legal stuff)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hey John (jdigiant)..... I now have the part number for your muffler......HOWEVER, it's not listed on the Borla web-site for sale. I e-mailed David about buying one......no response. To your knowledge, is the cat back, like yours, going to be offerred soon. Everytime we discuss this on a thread, the answer is always "2 to 3 weeks away". That was several weeks ago. Do you know anything different??

Larry

·
Super Moderator
11,445 Posts
I can't necessarily speak for John but I know that Magnaflow tells me very little. Calling them is your best best but the truth is it will come when it comes. If that's what you really want, wait and get it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts