Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Test drove the yellow demo that my dealership received. I felt very comfortable in the car and enjoyed the ride. My salesman was busy with other customers so another guy went out with me. When we got back I asked about the status of my order. When the guy came back he said we don't have an image yet. I said "Wait a minute I was told the image was put on March 10th!" Then he told me it was in the system but it didn't have a build date yet. GRRRR! I was kinda exasperated when he couldn't elaborate on the status such as a event code, etc. On the way back home I realized I should have gotten the order number. I have emailed my salesman for that number.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
The order number is a good idea. I know I forgot to get one for a while to. It gives you something to trace and it gave me a sense that things were progressing. Even if it was slow.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Having the order number does make one feel like some progress is happening.... BUT.... until..... the COMP SYSTEM... gives the accurate information.... it aint gonna do any good..... the only correct information comes from the Dealership.... it is the most updated and current.... and.. you know.... i flat out asked what the price was to get EXTRA reports as to where the orders sit... and guess what????????????????...... very CHEAP... less than 2 bucks.. in most cases..... well worth the GM's.. and NCSM'S.... to keep up on that for the customers........... Let us know when you get any good news...SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
182 Posts
By all means insist on getting the order number, ask persistently about getting a copy of the consolidated status report which should show YOUR name in the right hand column of your order. without that i would not feel comfortable that they actually had your order, your options, for you.

below I hope is the link to a thread with a picture of the status board where i bought my sky. notice all the skys stuck in code 30 POMS. Mine was there for 2 weeks then popped up as 'built' all of a sudden and one week later was in my hands.

unless you ordered an option that is unavailable you shouldn't be too concerned, unless they could not provide you your specific order number linked to your name, in that case i would become very uneasy! good luck and let us know!:thumbs:

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3783

·
Registered
165 Posts
Gosh. Whenever I went in I asked the GM or Sales Manager for the latest report and they printed it for me immediately. They have way more info than the salespersons.:cheers:

·
Registered
804 Posts
GRinLR said:
Test drove the yellow demo that my dealership received. I felt very comfortable in the car and enjoyed the ride. My salesman was busy with other customers so another guy went out with me. When we got back I asked about the status of my order. When the guy came back he said we don't have an image yet. I said "Wait a minute I was told the image was put on March 10th!" Then he told me it was in the system but it didn't have a build date yet. GRRRR! I was kinda exasperated when he couldn't elaborate on the status such as a event code, etc. On the way back home I realized I should have gotten the order number. I have emailed my salesman for that number.
Go ask, and don't leave until you get the order number. My Sky was imaged on March 14th I believe. I called Friday for my weekly update and they surprised me with my Vin # (1584) and said the car was released to the carrier. Up until then, they had no information to give me.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My salesman e-mailed the order number the next day. It is GFW 512. Maybe they haven't figured out the new GM system yet and my car is ready to go too! Aww I don't hve that kinda luck...lol. The more I want something the longer it takes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.