Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happens is the parts are shipped in batches say of maybe 300 as a example. If when inspecting the cars they find just 1 car with something wrong in that batch of 300 they put the whole 300 cars (if they haven't been shipped ) on hold and put them thru another inspection. This happened with my First Solstice but it made it out of captivity before the second hold went on. And mine was in the trucking companys inventory when it had it's first hold on it.

So don't be discouraged.

·
Registered
153 Posts
As a past Quality Control Manager, I can appreciate the re-inspection before delivery.:thumbs: I'd rather wait an extra week , if necessary, than encounter a problem after delivery. :) Customers should not be part of the QC process.:nono: .. and dealers should be there for service and maintenance... not replacing faulty parts. Doesn't make the wait any easier... but it makes the ownership experience much better. :thumbs: :) :thumbs:

·
Registered
354 Posts
It much better to have the car done right at the factory, then to be rebuilt at the dealership." Measure twice cut once"
I hate waiting at the dealership for a problem that the factory should (could of) have fixed. Having the cars waiting for a QA checks is much better to me, then me, waiting at the showroom for my car to be repair. I don't have the time or patience for car problems.
But I do have patience for buying cars. I have ordered 4 cars in my life time and I just waited until the dealer called.
For the SKY I did stop by the dealership for promotions and/or service on my other Saturn's and then did ask about my order, but I never called, all of a sudden it show up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts