Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a vendor or place where i could get ahold of some fiberglass eyelids for a 2007 sky? Someone who would also be willing to ship to Canada? I can’t seem to find any available anywhere, at least not anyone willing to ship to canada.

thanks!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Getting some stuff over can be a challenge.
I recall seeing a vendor on eBay (com) in Florida that was making them, but as you indicated, he indicated no international shipping.

you could get it shipped to a friend or family member and have it forwarded. Can’t even access postal boxes as the border remains closed.

·
Super Moderator
11,367 Posts
Just as an FYI, the fiberglass eyelids sit a bit higher than the hood so the transition isn't so smooth between the hood and the headlight like it is OEM. @skersfan has an RKSports hood with the fiberglass eyelids and it flows very smooth.

Since you have to paint the eyelids anyway, you could just paint the headlights directly if you want. This is what I did. Keeps the transition nice and smooth. You may have already thought of it and it doesn't help your search but it is an option.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just as an FYI, the fiberglass eyelids sit a bit higher than the hood so the transition isn't so smooth between the hood and the headlight like it is OEM. @skersfan has an RKSports hood with the fiberglass eyelids and it flows very smooth.

Since you have to paint the eyelids anyway, you could just paint the headlights directly if you want. This is what I did. Keeps the transition nice and smooth. You may have already thought of it and it doesn't help your search but it is an option.

View attachment 113207
Jim, At least half of what has been discussed on this (and any other) forum can be defined as "silly", but that is the kind of thing that entertains us.

What i find interesting about this (and almost every other) discussion is the

View attachment 113207
yeah thanks Robo. I am a little too cautious to paint the headlights as replacements are getting hard to find. I agree though that the painted version probably looks the best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts