1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
17,411 Posts
It may start but can it run...lol. The only thing that I see from this car...if anyone needs a spare SE RIM...they r available, eventually.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Looks like the wheels are shot also. Thats to bad, as I don't think you can get any more of them.

Rest of VIN 49y107741 Its in one of the pics.

Has the GMPP tune

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I'll add to the guessing game:
1) single car accident
2) high speed, lost control
3) slide sideways at high rate of speed into curb and broke off both driverside wheels (no airbag deployment request)
4) appears exhaust is gone from rear, maybe just muffler back ??
5) guessing from appearance is fixable
6) issue of salvage title would need to be changed if car is satisfactorily repaired .... Nevada?? SE of some 85 units made
7) stuff happens, but that one needs to be saved, IMO

·
Registered
750 Posts
man I was getting excited that mine was getting rarer, but that looks totally fixable, not that I know anything about what happened in the accedent. it doesn't look that bad. what does make me sad is "Estimated pre-damage value: $12,022"

·
Registered
17,411 Posts
man I was getting excited that mine was getting rarer, but that looks totally fixable, not that I know anything about what happened in the accedent. it doesn't look that bad. what does make me sad is "Estimated pre-damage value: $12,022"
Everything is fixable...if u wish to expend the cash. And with the car sitting on the ground...u r talking bottoms up. A poor investment.

Where shall I ship it....Hmmm. Vegas to Florida...LOL.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Everything is fixable...if u wish to expend the cash. And with the car sitting on the ground...u r talking bottoms up. A poor investment.

Where shall I ship it....Hmmm. Vegas to Florida...LOL.
if I could get this for 2k,
I would buy it, store the engine, take it to your place and you and I are swapping in a LS2. we get 2 stock rims for the drivers side and keep the SE rims on the passenger side :) I'd have what I always wanted and LS2 Hydro blue sky. who cares if its salvage, I'll just tow it to tracks for track days and stuff.
What do you say MM?:cheers:

·
Registered
17,411 Posts
if I could get this for 2k,
I would buy it, store the engine, take it to your place and you and I are swapping in a LS2. we get 2 stock rims for the drivers side and keep the SE rims on the passenger side :) I'd have what I always wanted and LS2 Hydro blue sky. who cares if its salvage, I'll just tow it to tracks for track days and stuff.
What do you say MM?:cheers:
You have a better chance with SkyDragon. He is parting out his 2009 SE Merlot. He would probably consider it. He lives in Bradenton. He also has the space. He also has remaining 2 SE rims.

·
Registered
750 Posts
You have a better chance with SkyDragon. He is parting out his 2009 SE Merlot. He would probably consider it. He lives in Bradenton. He also has the space. He also has remaining 2 SE rims.
if this would work out, which I doubt I can get it for under 2K, and convince my uncle to drive across country to go pick it up. you'd at least supervise right? I'll buy the drinks :),

In all honesty my Uncle is the best body guy I know (and the only) but he's pretty amazing. I'd probably just have him tow it to his place and store it till I won the lotto (Which I never play) and I could make more fun (all the fun bits.)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Come on Mike, loosen up. It would keep you busy just getting it down to FL. Two Wal-Mart rims and no muffler, you would be a hit all the way to FL. LOL

·
Registered
750 Posts
Looks like the wheels are shot also. Thats to bad, as I don't think you can get any more of them.

Rest of VIN 49y107741 Its in one of the pics.

Has the GMPP tune
where did you see the GMPP?

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
It looks to me that this car is very repairable. And it is a low production VIN.

The left side suspension needs to be replaced clearly but by failing the wheels may have actually reduced some of the potential damage.

Would be a fun hobby job.

In Colorado if you return a car to "normal" condition and it passes inspection you can get a new title.

For the right price it would be a fun job.

·
Registered
750 Posts
To only be a slight SmartA$$ in the engine compartment. Looks like the new Sensor to me.

Ha ha shows how much I know, I have the GMPP and I have no idea what I'm looking at...
I thought the 3 bar sensor was internal I had no idea it was visible when the hood was open

Mind circling it? I'm kinda curious what it looks like.

·
Super Moderator
11,222 Posts
If you look at the silver pipe coming up and over the front of the car to the right of the wheel well liner there on the top left hand side of the picture, you'll see a little light blue sticker (really the only blue thing in the engine bay...)...has a vacuum line above it that runs off to the right and under the engine cover.... That's ONE of the two MAP sensors that gets replaced with the GMPP tune. The Blue sticker is only on the 3-bar MAPs that come with that tune. The stock MAP does not have this color information decal (I think it's just white...)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts