Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just so you know, nobody in their right mind pays anywhere near that. You can get a nice illuminated on from one of the vendors for that skrilla.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
What is it with you people, if you are not interested in buying it move on.

Just so you know, nobody in their right mind pays anywhere near that. You can get a nice illuminated on from one of the vendors for that skrilla.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Theres nothing wrong with letting someone know FMV, instead of him sitting around turning down offers he may think are ridiculously low, he can sell it instead of it sitting around. I probably shouldve phrased it differently but my intent is the same regardless.

I would search this section and see what theyre going for. Many will call them fly swatters, so that may help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oem windscreen

I purchased an OEM windscreen off of Ebay and its missing the (Rosette) the part that the wind screen posts go into. Anyone have an extra or no the manufacturer that makes them?

Thanks
Christian

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes but I need a swatter for the holes. I seem to recall that there were two different sizes on the mounting holes.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Cost differences aside, any opinion as to which is recommended: clear acrylic aftermarket type, or the OEM mesh?

I think the OEM has the appeal having a higher class appearance, and there's the original GM aspect. However, the clear one doesn't require me to drill holes into my car and seems to offer better visibility.

Also, I like to shoot video such as this one. Would the OEM one be too obstructive?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw5KzCXLT3s

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Cost differences aside, any opinion as to which is recommended: clear acrylic aftermarket type, or the OEM mesh?

I think the OEM has the appeal having a higher class appearance, and there's the original GM aspect. However, the clear one doesn't require me to drill holes into my car and seems to offer better visibility.

Also, I like to shoot video such as this one. Would the OEM one be too obstructive?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw5KzCXLT3s
Not too sure why you'er worried about obstruction all I saw on your video was you and your passenger. what was the point in the video.what were to trying to show?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
If you have the mounting holes for the GM OEM fly swatter but don't like it there is this alternative that is sold in Germany for the Opel GT:

__________________________________________________________________________________

·
Registered
196 Posts
Not too sure why you'er worried about obstruction all I saw on your video was you and your passenger. what was the point in the video.what were to trying to show?
I'll be touring sights around Austin this year. I thought it might be interesting to capture some of the scenery with a camera and put together a collection at the end of summer, set to music. The OEM screen is slightly above headrest height and would create a sizable blank spot. Being able to see the back deck, antenna, and wing really works for the visual. Would hate to lose that.

On the other hand, I prefer the screen style from a driver's perspective. What I might do is get both and use the clear one when I want to use the camera.

·
Premium Member
5,289 Posts
I have the fly swatter and absolutely hate the holes and the combination. I did purchase one of the European set ups. It appears to be very professional. I have not used it yet. Having a case made for it, to protect it when it is in the trunk. It can not be used with the top, at least those are my thoughts.

I don't know if the original fly swatter type is available. Will try to get the Cabrio one on the car soon. It does look very nice.

·
Registered
17,447 Posts
The windreflector may block some viewing if u want to film the rear view with a camera...but WindRestrictors product is far superior in design for our car. Everyone that views my car always comments on it. The etched design cannot be compared to anything on the market.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I see the Euro one Saturnskydude posted a photo of. Looks like you remove the flyswatter's mounts and fasten the Euro on into place with tools. Looks nice!

I have the fly swatter and absolutely hate the holes and the combination. I did purchase one of the European set ups. It appears to be very professional. I have not used it yet. Having a case made for it, to protect it when it is in the trunk. It can not be used with the top, at least those are my thoughts.

I don't know if the original fly swatter type is available. Will try to get the Cabrio one on the car soon. It does look very nice.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Can the top be used up with this in place? It's not glass?

Just to be clear, this one omits the flyswatter mounting hardware and just uses the holes, but you fasten it down with tools?

If you have the mounting holes for the GM OEM fly swatter but don't like it there is this alternative that is sold in Germany for the Opel GT:

__________________________________________________________________________________

1 - 20 of 26 Posts