1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
was hoping it was the center exhaust, but may just pick this up. Just to have an extra if I ever need one.

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
Think it must be gone. Guy would not return my call, just texted no to calling me back. I thought it was too late to call. He can shove it where the sun doesn't shine as far as I am concerned. lol

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
diffuser001.jpg

diffuser002.jpg

Well, it is most certainly Norm's diffuser and I went out and picked it up. The seller was actually very cool. He had owned a very low mileage early build 2.4 Sky. He didn't drive it much and needed to free up some space at his house. He was the second owner...told me some piano player was the first owner, a Billy Joel or something. LOL True or not it makes a good story.

He had done a lot of Norm's parts on the car but it seems he never got around to mounting this one. All the brackets are here and so are the instructions for install. Only thing that looks like it may be missing are 4 10mm nuts that are mentioned in the instructions.

I'll be getting it repainted satin charcoal grey I believe and will post pics when it's mounted. I wanted to get this at some point but didn't want to tie up $400 for a year or so waiting for the part. This worked way better.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Most of the plastic clips along the front edge just pop in, friction fit. But there are a couple of metal clips with teeth that you need to flip off. They bite into the ended and fascia. They are located outboard on both sides. You will need a flat screwdriver to walk them off just watch your eyes if it springs off.

·
Registered
124 Posts
So like the ones in the DDM console install video. They were a bit of a pain to 'walk off' with a screw driver.

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
Thanks for those sir. so the metal eye seeking clips are the ones on the sides, not the ones that run along the trailing edge? And then I take it the large plastic "wall" in the attached picture is removed and replaced with the metal braces? Assuming that's where the four 10mm screws come from that Norm mentions.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Correct. i believe there were 4 of those clips. The perimeter of the diffuser just snaps into the slots into the fender.

you should have two aluminum angle Metal brackets. One bolt/nut and washer on the ends that attach to the diffuser. The other end should have a large spring loaded wall anchor that fits up into the body of the car and opens, then you bolt that to the top of the metal bracket.

·
Registered
17,447 Posts
If your valance did not come with Norm's brackets...u will need them for support on each side. I called Norm and he mailed them to me gratis. I bought mine from Doug (Sky Dragon) after his car was totaled.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts