Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOT MINE, found on Craigslist. Avoid CL scams, deal locally.

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/pts/d/saturn-sky-parts/6555616851.html (pics)

Parting out a Saturn Sky with 44K miles on it. Please make offer on anything you might want from the following list:

Passenger door in silver graphite exterior with black interior, $200
3.91 G80 Limited Slip Differential- $200
Power Steering pump- $20
A/C Compressor- $75
Radiator and fan assembly- $50
A/C Condenser- $50
Radio- Make offer
Full set of Bilstein factory struts/springs- $40
Fuel pump and sending unit- make offer
Brake calipers and rotors- make offer
Steering rack- make offer

Text me with any questions at show contact info

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Interesting. Which radio is that? The buttons certainly don't match mine (which is a single CD), and it doesn't have the "load" button that the 6-disk normally has.

Maybe some early version that got replaced?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Interesting. Which radio is that? The buttons certainly don't match mine (which is a single CD), and it doesn't have the "load" button that the 6-disk normally has.

Maybe some early version that got replaced?
Looks like the base radio, I think it was available all years, but not many cars had them.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I think this guy may be a friend of a friend. Either way, are the Bilstein worth the hour-ish drive to go get them? Anything else that is a great deal that I should consider?

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I think this guy may be a friend of a friend. Either way, are the Bilstein worth the hour-ish drive to go get them? Anything else that is a great deal that I should consider?
Doesn't say if it's a Redline or not, but the Bilsteins are just the factory shocks, not aftermarket. So unless yours are leaking or these are from a Redline and you have an NA, not worth it :)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Looks like the base radio, I think it was available all years, but not many cars had them.
I don't think so. This obviously has a CD player, so it's not the base radio. And it's not the 6-disk, and it's not the same as my 08 single disk.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I don't think so. This obviously has a CD player, so it's not the base radio. And it's not the 6-disk, and it's not the same as my 08 single disk.
No, it IS the base radio (which also had the CD). You can tell by looking closely at the display... See how it's a small rectangle in the middle, with numeric segment displays for the frequency - rather than the full-width dot-matrix that the non-base radios have?

Base radio (pic from craiglist ad):

NON-base radio:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Well, after further research, it's a bit more complicated than that.

The first picture you posted (and is also the same as the one for sale on craigslist) is the 2007 base radio (which did not have XM).

Starting in 2008, XM became standard, so that "base" radio went away, and was replaced by a single CD one that had XM (and has "FAV" and "CAT" buttons, but no "LOAD").

The second picture you posted is the 6-disc changer (and can be identified by the "LOAD" button).

I had erroneously thought that the old 2007 base radio did not have a CD player at all, but that seems to be incorrect, it just did not have XM.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Well, after further research, it's a bit more complicated than that.

The first picture you posted (and is also the same as the one for sale on craigslist) is the 2007 base radio (which did not have XM).

Starting in 2008, XM became standard, so that "base" radio went away, and was replaced by a single CD one that had XM (and has "FAV" and "CAT" buttons, but no "LOAD").

The second picture you posted is the 6-disc changer (and can be identified by the "LOAD" button).

I had erroneously thought that the old 2007 base radio did not have a CD player at all, but that seems to be incorrect, it just did not have XM.
I just posted the pictures to demonstrate the difference between the base and non-base radio displays. It was not intended to be a list of ALL the available radios, base or otherwise, over the years. Doh! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts