Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 Saturn Sky Ruby Red Redline - $600 Belleville, MI
https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/d/2009-saturn-sky-ruby-red/6437972161.html (pics)

2009 Saturn Sky Ruby Red Redline for sale, 2.0 turbo motor,212xxx miles, runs great, auto trans. CAR HAS FRAME DAMAGE, VERY COSTLY TO FIX!!!. Clear title, good top, interior, motor and trans, tires bought last summer. Not the original owner, will not entertain a bunch of questions, car does start and will move under its own power but front tire is rubbing against frame. $600.00 price is rock solid. Can show all day today (12/26/2017), otherwise will have to wait til 3:00pm for remainder of week. show contact info
Steven.

·
Premium Member
5,294 Posts
If I lived in the mid west I would have bought first thing this morning. My guess is that Hoosier has it headed home already.

·
Premium Member
5,294 Posts
I am wondering who said it had frame damage? I bought my green one. It was totaled for frame damage. The hood brackets cracked, that was it. If it was out here I would buy it and fix it. Good frame rack and A arm, looks to me to be in business. I see the airbag deployed, which normally makes them a total. Maybe someone bought it or refused the total before it could be.

·
Premium Member
5,294 Posts
Truly anyone that has one of these cars, that can find a total that is a front or rear end hit and get it for 500-600 bucks it behooves you to buy it and set it some where. A new hood, windshield, door, seats, tranny, basically anything is going to cost you more. I don't need another project, but parts are going to get expensive and rare before long. The more you have the better chance you have of enjoying these things for another 10-15 years. Wiring, ECU, BCU, molding rubber are not going to be here in another 3-5 years is my guess. If a car is hit now, it is normally totaled due to the cost of parts, 4000 is the magic number for these it seems

These are not 55 Chevys, no one is going to be making aftermarket parts for them.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Truly anyone that has one of these cars, that can find a total that is a front or rear end hit and get it for 500-600 bucks it behooves you to buy it and set it some where. A new hood, windshield, door, seats, tranny, basically anything is going to cost you more. I don't need another project, but parts are going to get expensive and rare before long. The more you have the better chance you have of enjoying these things for another 10-15 years. Wiring, ECU, BCU, molding rubber are not going to be here in another 3-5 years is my guess. If a car is hit now, it is normally totaled due to the cost of parts, 4000 is the magic number for these it seems

These are not 55 Chevys, no one is going to be making aftermarket parts for them.
Good advice :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2008, Redline, Auto, 100,000 Miles, $3,500, Okaloosa, FL
https://okaloosa.craigslist.org/cto/d/saturn-sky-redline/6445724674.html (pics)

Sellers comments: I have to sell my Saturn sky redline 2.0 Turbo. Clean title,black color. Run&Drive. New radiation, condenser, engine and transmission mount. Someone hit my car and I I state work on it. But I have to move so is for sale.Ask for more More pictures

·
Registered
390 Posts
2008, Redline, Auto, 100,000 Miles, $3,500, Okaloosa, FL
https://okaloosa.craigslist.org/cto/d/saturn-sky-redline/6445724674.html (pics)

Sellers comments: I have to sell my Saturn sky redline 2.0 Turbo. Clean title,black color. Run&Drive. New radiation, condenser, engine and transmission mount. Someone hit my car and I I state work on it. But I have to move so is for sale.Ask for more More pictures

Awwwww I HATE to see pictures like that....:surprise::frown:

My parents used to live in Kissimmee, people drive like crap around there. Had a woman make a left from the middle lane and we were in her way.
Didn't matter....idiots

·
Registered
2,885 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
hiDefinitely rolled. My ex rolled her '66 Mustang once. It went ass-over-teakettle 4 or 5 times and came to rest on the wheels. I couldn't believe it had rolled. It looked like a garage door had hit the windshield frame (hard), and the passenger rear quarter and taillight had some odd dents, but it didn't look bad.

I thought of that when I was looking at the pictures, even if the posted Sky looks much worse.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts