Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for that special someone that could make my dreams come true.

Well, sort of.
I am seeking out a fab shop that can do one-off work. A place that can create something from nothing kind of place. You may know the type of place.
These places can take an idea and make it into something real.
The task at hand is to find this shop and take in the rear insert from my Solstice and have them reverse engineer a fiberglass or carbon piece just like it but without the hexagon holes and with the opening for the exhaust in the center and not the side.
I want it to look just like this:

The insert on this Sol is an aftermarket one that was done with the openings on both sides like the new GXP. A talented person on the board was kind enough to make this rendition for me.
Is there anyone that you know that can fabricate this insert for me?
Please contact me or post. Please!

bob.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
One problem I see with your design is you will have to find a center dump muffler for the Sky. The current ones dump to the side.

·
Registered
61 Posts
wow!

That does look really nice! Good luck making it happen!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Also the SKY as the required backup lights down in the same location as the pipes, a new light location would have to be found...:cheers:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TexSon said:
One problem I see with your design is you will have to find a center dump muffler for the Sky. The current ones dump to the side.

Yeah...but, (ahem), I own a Solstice.
You know....from the other side of the family tree.
But you are right, I have seen the photos of the cars without the tail covers and I have been under mine. Finding someone to put in an inline muffler won't be the problem.
The problem is finding someone that can make molds of existing parts.
A guy over on the Sol board named Archie does 8cylinder make overs and has made a dual exit insert but I can't seem to shame him into making the center version. Yet.
In a few short weeks my new toy will be here and the go fast pedal will be happy again (Hahn turbo). But going fast and looking fast need to go together.

(sigh) Still need that fantasy fab shop.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
tweety said:
Yeah...but, (ahem), I own a Solstice.
You know....from the other side of the family tree.
:cheers: Other side of the tree or not you are still family. Just so long as we all stick together when some Miata person comes buzzing around here all is well. :lol:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
marklynn70 said:
:cheers: Other side of the tree or not you are still family. Just so long as we all stick together when some Miata person comes buzzing around here all is well. :lol:

Finally someone else that gets it!
I get tired of the 'my car is better than your car' crap. It's the same damn car!?!

So where are you located related to Ft Worth? Are you going to be at the TMS charity event on the 13th next month? I think that there is a post on here about it. If not, venture over the to the Texas section on the other board and sign in.
We may gave 2-3 Skys coming but we need all the Kappa family that we can muster. It's going to be a huge car showing up there. Strength in numbers right?

·
Registered
669 Posts
tweety said:
I get tired of the 'my car is better than your car' crap. It's the same damn car!?!
I'll show you how much prettier my SKY is this weekend :lol:

j/k I'm just glad you thought enough to invite me!

We Kappa's gotta stick together!

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
tweety said:
So where are you located related to Ft Worth? Are you going to be at the TMS charity event on the 13th next month?
:patriot: I am straight down I-35 about an hour south of Waco. Almost smack dab in the middle between Waco and Austin. Yes it is my intention to be there at TMS as long as I don't have to work that weekend. :thumbs:

·
Registered
55 Posts
marklynn70

Watch out for tweety - he may very well have his Hahn turbo kit installed by the time the TMS meet gets here! MX5's beware!

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
tweety said:

So where are you located related to Ft Worth? Are you going to be at the TMS charity event on the 13th next month? I think that there is a post on here about it. If not, venture over the to the Texas section on the other board and sign in.
We may gave 2-3 Skys coming but we need all the Kappa family that we can muster. It's going to be a huge car showing up there. Strength in numbers right?
:lol: Haven't you heard of sibling rivalry?:confused: When was the last time your brother or sister made fun of you? However, let any one else make fun of you and who is the first one to knock them on their bu##?:smash: :lol: :thumbs: We may make fun of you, but we still ya!:jester:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts