Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew how to modify the turn signal relay to flash rapidly. I always liked the look of the quick flash turn signal and it looks like the Sky in the "Inspirational" Saturn commercial even has one (or its just film being shown in a faster than recorded manner).

But either way, I have seen many cars that have fast strobe turn signals. Anyone have any suggestions on how my Sky can join them?

·
Registered
15 Posts
All you have to do is turn your flash on, then off, then on again, then off again. Just keep doing this really fast until you've completed your turn.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sometimes just replacing the stock bulbs with high intensity leds will make the flashers flash faster....depends on the car. Same principle when you hook up a boat trailer to the cars electrical system, the extra draw overpowers the stock flasher and it blinks super quick.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Way2Fast said:
Sometimes just replacing the stock bulbs with high intensity leds will make the flashers flash faster....depends on the car. Same principle when you hook up a boat trailer to the cars electrical system, the extra draw overpowers the stock flasher and it blinks super quick.
I thought that I read somewhere that if you change to LED's and it blinks quicker, you had to add a loading resister across the power at the lights to ground. This added load would cause the blink rate to slow down. I know that a friend of mine changed to LED on his truck utility body and the blink rate picked up really fast, almost too fast.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
mista_phi said:
All you have to do is turn your flash on, then off, then on again, then off again. Just keep doing this really fast until you've completed your turn.
Hey I do that all the time. It cornfuses the person behind you. I do mine to music..Skip....:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
276 Posts
dmbdlatc said:
I thought that I read somewhere that if you change to LED's and it blinks quicker, you had to add a loading resister across the power at the lights to ground. This added load would cause the blink rate to slow down. I know that a friend of mine changed to LED on his truck utility body and the blink rate picked up really fast, almost too fast.
That is what I said; The LEDS will usually make the directionals blink at a faster rate....too fast for my liking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts