Votes: 4 6.1%

Votes: 46 69.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know, I have been working on this Hardtop idea for a while now and this poll is to find out which of the top three styles you like the best. This is for overall shape and look of the top, please make a post stating which side window style you like, with B pillar, without B pillar, or solid(no window). If you have any comments about any of the three tops, especially things that you think need to be changed, please post them.

If you have no idea what this is about, here's the thread:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10605

This is not a poll to see whether or not you like this idea or even if you would buy one. I want to know which style you like best, so even if you have no intention of buying one please let me know which one you like the best.

Now, here are your options:
#1 - Has a squared off back end and a large rear window for easy trunk access. (this is an example of the side window With B pillar)

#2 - Has a rounded back end, more like the concept coupe and a smaller more stylized rear window. (this is an example of No side window)

#3 - Has a squared back end but with a slightly recessed rear window to give it ridges that mimic the coupe concept. This rear window is the largest of the bunch. (this is an example of the hidden B pillar, it would only be about an inch wide and invisible from the outside)

·
Registered
802 Posts
Chewievette said:
As most of you know, I have been working on this
Now, here are your options:
#1 - Has a squared off back end and a large rear window for easy trunk access....
#2 - Has a rounded back end, more like the concept coupe and a smaller more....
#3 - Has a squared back end but with a slightly recessed rear window to give it...
Sorry, #4 (None of the above)

·
Registered
5 Posts
From those photos I like #1 a lot. I would like to see #3 on a Sky. I think that the sharper lines on the sky might work well with #3. #1 does give it a feel of a Crossfire.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
eldeeko said:
Sorry, #4 (None of the above)
Chewievette said:
This is not a poll to see whether or not you like this idea or even if you would buy one. I want to know which style you like best, so even if you have no intention of buying one please let me know which one you like the best.
Why am I constantly forced to quote myself? Or am I just going crazy? :willy:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts

None of the above!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Sorry I can not comply. They all make the Solstice/Sky look like a Crossfire! :lol:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Chewievette said:
Why am I constantly forced to quote myself? Or am I just going crazy? :willy:
When I said #4 none of the above, that is what I meant! I don't like the design, it looks pretty but I don't like it. I was hoping for something a little different as they all look pretty much the same. I have done enough CAD in my life to know what I like. That is all. It is overdesigned in my opinion, this is a roadster not a coupe. If the top made it look somewhat like the convertible I would be interested. Your work is great just not to my taste!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay fine. I'll just go off and build a few how I like them. If people buy them Great! if not then oh well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Make a tread and have a photoshop pro change the top to the body color , so we can see what it looks like complete. If you send me the photoshop file i'll give it a try... Pm me for email...

·
Registered
173 Posts
I like the fact that it changes it from a convertible to a coupe. I really don't care for drop top cars, so this would suit me very well. I like these cars because they perform very well, not because they look pretty with the top down. So for me, this car being a convertible is a negative.

It's a hard choice, but I think I'd have to go with 3#.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
#3 is the better of all. But I would not buy a hard top for my Sky. I bought the Sky because it is a drop top....Skip....:) :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
I like #3 the best.

The question is, as with any hardtop on these cars, can you access the trunk with the hardtop installed?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I think #3 has the best lines. Hopefully it would be easily removable something like the old T birds. It would be nice to have a hard top but not at the expence of losing the ability to have a convertible.

It can't look like a crossfire it doesn't have the Butt ugly Ribbed hood on it:D

·
Registered
479 Posts
Please build one! I would definately buy (I know you said this is not important right now) BUT I need something to protect my convertible top from the harsh winter elements! The hardtop on my Miata was great! But I'd only buy it if it was sporty. Such as the racing version for the Soltice. (like in Transformers.) That car was HOT!:thumbs:

Crap! I just noticed this thread is over a year old! Probably never gonna happen huh... Wonder what ever happened to Chewievette's concepts?

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
#3 looks the sportiest of all shown. Remove ability very important IMO. Altho not for me, there is probably a market for these tops.. Good luck with your project!!:thumbs:

Don't let the naysayers dissuade you if you want to do this..Don't know what they would cost to fabricate, so to me the selling price of which ever one you decide to make will be key. Also, IMO must be high quality product, which usually means, expensive..

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Don't mean to "hijack" but Midnight Blues, that avitar is sooooooo cute!
:lol: :lol: Thanks, I keep trying to look for and find "entertaining" avs..:thumbs: Err, that the mods will let me post..:D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts