Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being new to this Forum and also a new Sky owner..... I am amazed with the variety and customization of the Sky’s. The pictures are amazing! How do you get them to look so good? What is your favorite wax or polish?
Looking forward to your thoughts..... thanks- Bill

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have been contemplating trying one of those ceramic polishes that utilize nano technology. I would love to read from those who tried it, what they learned from using it. I am concerned it's more hype than reality. One brand is called Shine Armor, an entry level version. I am thinking it is worth trying to see if the technology makes a difference.

My Sky is the dark ming blue, high mileage with very minor swirls & scratches noticed at certain angles under certain lighting conditions that I would like to seal over.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a place in Naperville called Brighton Auto Detailing that offers a Single Layer Ceramic detailing for $600.00, a Two Layer Ceramic for $900.00 and Three Layer Ceramic for $1400.00.
I have gone there for hand car washes and detailing, however the Ceramic detailing seems to be out of reach for my wallet and if the wife ever found out, my marriage too!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I tried the "Spray on ceramic wax". By no means is it the same as the actual ceramic coating. But i will say, for the price and ease of use, its worth it. Kept a nice wax finish for a couple months after just a coat of it. Its not much different than any other spray wax out there, just seems to last a little longer before deteriorating.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I can tell you that every post here will be highlighting a member's favourite and everyone will be different. I suggest you pick a sealant that is readily available and stick with it. A sealant will last longer than a wax.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bob,
Thanks for the advice on sealant v. wax. I truly find it interesting to see what others use on their cars, as there are brands that I never knew existed. It’s a long ways from the day’s when I waxed my 1968 GTO Convertible with Blue Coral.

·
Registered
17,477 Posts
If u have a silver or white or any bright color car....it really makes no difference...I use the cheapest turtle wax....and it works well....remember, u r not doing anything to the paint....only the clear coat.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I did my own ceramic on my Charger. C-Quartz through Amazon for $50. I will always do it again on a new car. If you know how to get the spider webs out of the paint, by all means, go this route!! All I had to do with my Charger was merely hose it down and the dirt would fall off. My Solstice, I use Megiuar's NXT liquid because it only sees about 3000 miles a year now and is garaged. But....if you drive it in the rain, then by all means use the ceramic. Well worth it...just make 100% that they do "paint correction" first.

·
7,045 Posts
Junkman a good guy who use to visited us here at the Sky Roadster forum from time to time many year ago…
I found him to be the best for questions and answers like this, but expect to have an ear full with his lengthy - journey - explanations…. lol

You can find him on YOUTUBE using keyword “JUNKMAN”….

·
Registered
17,477 Posts
Bob,
Thanks for the advice on sealant v. wax. I truly find it interesting to see what others use on their cars, as there are brands that I never knew existed. It’s a long ways from the day’s when I waxed my 1968 GTO Convertible with Blue Coral.
back in 68....u did wax paint....now u wax clear coat. That's why all these products do nothing special.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts