Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok...I'm quite a ways off from getting my new Sky since I was just imaged yesterday...but the thought of having to get rid of my current car is making me a bit sad. Don't get me wrong...I'm excited beyond belief about getting my new Sky, and I'm sure that once it's here I won't even think about my old car. But I have to be honest here...although VW Beetles haven't gotten the best reputation for being reliable vehicles since their reintroduction back in 1998...I must have gotten lucky, because mine has served me well. And lets not even talk about VW's customer service! Yes, I've had a few annoying problems with it, but aside from that...it's been a decent car and the thought of saying goodbye to it is making me have second thoughts! :eek: :willy: Is that crazy or what? Did anybody else go through a similar thing...or is it just me? :crazy: If it were possible, I would keep my Bug...but I simply can't afford to insure another car...not to mention the fact that we only have a 2 car garage and already have it filled to capacity with 2 vehicles and a motorcycle. I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance that I'm doing the right thing. I hate to get rid of a good-running car...only to take a gamble on a newly released model with no 'history' so to speak. Am I just being paranoid? :confused:

·
Registered
262 Posts
nscrbug said:
...and the thought of saying goodbye to it is making me have second thoughts! :eek: :willy: Is that crazy or what? Did anybody else go through a similar thing...or is it just me?Am I just being paranoid? :confused:
Yes, it is crazy!
Yes, it is just you!

You're worried about trading a VW for a SKY??????

I suggest you drink heavily until midnight and go to bed. By tomorrow, your sanity will return.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dmbdlatc said:
Yes, it is crazy!
Yes, it is just you!

You're worried about trading a VW for a SKY??????

I suggest you drink heavily until midnight and go to bed. By tomorrow, your sanity will return.
LMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I know it DOES sound crazy. I guess I get attached to my cars. :crazy: I'm sure that once my Sky gets here...I'll feel differently...I hope. :willy:

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Let it go...NOW....You will feel better....The SKY is calling...SEAL9:thumbs: :cheers:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I'm keeping my 97 SC2. It will be my bad weather car...
I'll be honest I was glad co have come up with a way to keep it. It is nearly 10 years old and still fun to drive (I call it my go kart)
My fear? I'll love driving the SKY so much I'l not got back...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
DMB - YOU ARE FUNNY... I almost peed my pants!!!

I agree that you are paranoid.... if you stay on the forum and read a lot of the posts, you will learn the "ins and the outs" of the car.... for example the ever dreaded paint chipping situation. Is it a designer flaw? Probably. Can it be remedied? Maybe. Does it affect the level of safety, take away from out stylish it looks or prevent it from running well??? I think not.

Now... if you are one of those timid, passive, shy types, I wouldn't recommend it, because everyone is going to be STARING AT YOU and ASKING YOU QUESTIONS.

So now ask yourself... Do I want this car that NO ONE ELSE IS GOING TO HAVE, BUT WILL WANT?

Make your decision on those facts.... otherwise, stay on the forum and know more than the majority of people out there. You'll be fine. And you have a great crew of folks on the forum with a lot of knowledge....

·
Registered
438 Posts
Quick fix: Go to your local saturn dealer and sit in one of the demos....done! Bye Bye BUG!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am also keeping my SC2 - '98 "white hot" which I guess is what the "redline" is - upgraded and more exclusive. But I got to ride in the sky at the dealership today and am more excited than ever!!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Not crazy at all -- i nearly had a vigil for my old car. Its almost like she knew she was going aand the Sky was on the way and wanted to pass the torch like a nobel warrior.

Loving your old car just shows how much you value and care about things in your life and means you'll get that much more utility out of owning your Sky!

My first car, the 1994 SC2 will live on forever in my heart. http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2849

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
... also ... a VW? I have had friends who have had TERRIBLE problems with their VWs a few years down the road. Granted im not making a blanket statement but they are my only personal resource for VW reliability and they say they will never buy again because of the way the car fell apart down the road.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
1994SC2 said:
... also ... a VW? I have had friends who have had TERRIBLE problems with their VWs a few years down the road. Granted im not making a blanket statement but they are my only personal resource for VW reliability and they say they will never buy again because of the way the car fell apart down the road.

Oh, believe me...I hear ya loud and clear on that. There are some days I LOVE my Bug...and there are some days I want to ditch it at the side of the road. :banghead: It's a 99, so it's going on 7 years. I've had my share of problems with the car...but in all honesty, it's NOTHING compared to some of the horror stories I have read about on some of the VW forums. My problems were more to do with VW, the company...rather than the car itself. Still though...it's gonna be hard to see my Bug go. The other big change that will come with getting a Sky is the worry that goes along with getting ANY new car. Worrying about that first 'ding' in the stripmall parking lot...worrying if the car is safe from thieves or vandals, etc... With the my old Bug, I didn't have to worry about those things because the novelty with that car wore off quickly...people were curious and asked lots of questions the first few months that I had it, but that quickly died down as more of them showed up on the roads. Now they are a dime a dozen, and they don't draw anymore attention than a Geo Prizm does. :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts