Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our local dealership had a midnightblue/black Sky last weekend and it was love at first sight! So, with the help of a fantastic friend and spending late nights reading everyone's posts on this forum....went in and ordered one today! I've only bought cars off the lot, so ordering my own is a great thrill!! I can't believe how excited I am!

But...I am order number 8 at our dealer...so maybe November? UGH!!!
I guess this will be the summer to develop patience!

Carlie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
I'm the "fantastic friend" who finally got her out of lurk mode, she's really excited about this car.

I was really impressed with the fit and finish of the sky that we both looked at

Way to go blueskyg!
C:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Did you order from a high volume dealer---what section of the country? Just curious what the dealer estimated would be delivery time?

Thanks--and congrats!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
Well to SKY World. Let us know if you need any help!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
Welcome to the journey...
Mine began in August of 2005....
As you can see by my signature -- the end is in sight....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Congratulations on your order!! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,279 Posts
blueskygal said:
Our local dealership had a midnightblue/black Sky last weekend and it was love at first sight! So, with the help of a fantastic friend and spending late nights reading everyone's posts on this forum....went in and ordered one today! I've only bought cars off the lot, so ordering my own is a great thrill!! I can't believe how excited I am!

But...I am order number 8 at our dealer...so maybe November? UGH!!!
I guess this will be the summer to develop patience!

Carlie
I KNOW I KNOW!!
I ordered mind on May15, 2006
I am sure I'LL have a long wait.....:rolleyes:
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
I hope you get your new Sky soon and that you don't have to wait nearly as long as some of us have. Keep the experience fun. We all know what you are going to go through so if you get frustrated along the way let us help you through it.

Welcome to the wait :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Congratz on your order!! Hope you get it soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SkyBos said:
Did you order from a high volume dealer---what section of the country? Just curious what the dealer estimated would be delivery time?

Thanks--and congrats!!!
In Columbus, GA - he said that they will get only two 'randome' showroom cars -the one last week and today they rec'd a silver with black/red interior. I am the 8th to order and he quoted me Nov.

Sound reasonable to you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rick Tinley Park said:
Welcome to the journey...
Mine began in August of 2005....
As you can see by my signature -- the end is in sight....

6000 will be very soon for you...thanks for the welcome!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MRSVIPER said:
I KNOW I KNOW!!
I ordered mind on May15, 2006
I am sure I'LL have a long wait.....:rolleyes:

Well, we can wait it out together!! Your question and info about the wheels was very helpful to me and my decision making - thanks so much!
Carlie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bullseye said:
I'm the "fantastic friend" who finally got her out of lurk mode, she's really excited about this car.

I was really impressed with the fit and finish of the sky that we both looked at

Way to go blueskyg!
C:D
Couldn't have done it without your help - thanks! You should go over and see the silver with black/red interior. I didn't like the photos of the black/red...but in real life...wowza! gorgeous!
Carlie[/QUOTE]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Blue,

In response to your question about "reasonable"...I'm guessing they image a new car about once every 2 weeks?? That would get you into November assuming the timetables we've seen here.

BTW, I totally agree --the Silver Pearl w/red Black Interior is IN PERSON far more impressive. Its a show-stopper. Doesn't look nearly as good IMO in pictures. You've got to see it in person. Its not only sporty it has a very rich look. There's a reason why Saturn has picked that combo for all its advertising.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SkyBos said:
Blue,

In response to your question about "reasonable"...I'm guessing they image a new car about once every 2 weeks?? That would get you into November assuming the timetables we've seen here.

BTW, I totally agree --the Silver Pearl w/red Black Interior is IN PERSON far more impressive. Its a show-stopper. Doesn't look nearly as good IMO in pictures. You've got to see it in person. Its not only sporty it has a very rich look. There's a reason why Saturn has picked that combo for all its advertising.

SkyBos - I am learning the lingo - I actually didn't order my Sky, I just gave them a big check which let's them know I'd like my turn to order a Sky! This dealership images 4 cars/month, so it seems Nov is about correct. (??)

Sat in the Pearl w/ Red and Black int - it's pretty. They just took this car out of the bubble wrap last night and today - sin of all sins, somebody got chewing gum or similar gunk on the red leather on the steering wheel. It was a sad sight. :eek:

Carlie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,279 Posts
blueskygal said:
Well, we can wait it out together!! Your question and info about the wheels was very helpful to me and my decision making - thanks so much!
Carlie
Cool, Blueskygal glad I could be of help! :) I am fairly new at this forum as well. But find it very addictive....:cheers: and informative......:thumbs:
Where are your from? (State)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
I've hooked up BlueSkyG with kappasphere.com already. Shinoo the owner of Kappa is the founder of Sector 111 who supply goodies for us few and far between elise owners, first rate stuff and service.

Plan to keep BSG very busy figuring out all the $$$ she'll be spending once she gets the car!
Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
Way to go. I wish you a speedy delivery. And although all of the colors are awsome, nice choice on the Midnight Blue....:thumbs:
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top