Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I am in the process of installing replacement fenders from Norms Fiberglass, and looking for some advice on gap adjustments. The fenders came pre-painted, and I have one loose fitted with all the screws started. It looks like it will fit okay, but wondering what the best way to tighten everything down is without messing something up. I put a pause on it today, but plan to resume tomorrow. Any advice is appreciated!

Also, anyone know where I can get a replacement notice sticker that mentions closing the doors before the hood?

Thanks,
Duane

·
Registered
381 Posts
All I can say is to have a lot of patience when aligning your front fenders to the car. Keep your cool and adjust them again and again (and again) (and maybe again) until you are satisfied.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that it what I found. There was no one way that worked, just trial and error. They ended up fitting just fine, and I’m happy with how they turned out.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The second to the last page in that alignment document, it shows an over-extension condition (is simply bent) of the trunk lid hinge on a Solstice. I wonder if the extra hardware in the trunk of the Sky addresses that adequately.

·
Super Moderator
5,729 Posts
The second to the last page in that alignment document, it shows an over-extension condition (is simply bent) of the trunk lid hinge on a Solstice. I wonder if the extra hardware in the trunk of the Sky addresses that adequately.
No. If you open the lid into a breeze and it slams open, or try to close it on something, you will bend the hinge support area.

·
Registered
381 Posts
So, then does the extra two frame members in the Sky trunk serve any benefit? The two surely compromise the limited trunk space.

·
Super Moderator
5,729 Posts
So, then does the extra two frame members in the Sky trunk serve any benefit? The two surely compromise the limited trunk space.
They stiffen that area to reduce or eliminate flex. i was told that the different shape of the rear section of the Sky makes it less stiff than the Solstice, which prompted the addition of the braces.

·
Registered
381 Posts
They stiffen that area to reduce or eliminate flex. i was told that the different shape of the rear section of the Sky makes it less stiff than the Solstice, which prompted the addition of the braces.
Interesting! Thanks for the enlightenment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts