Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am in need of drivers and passenger side redline fenders. 2008 Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I have a New Right side Fender. It is Ruby Red. Would have to be painted to match your car. Thanks, TerryJ

·
Registered
579 Posts
9/11/2020 Anyone within driving distance to the Chicago area (or visiting family or friends in the Chicago area) I am looking for a good condition right front fender, any color. Minor cracks on the bottom would be okay, but I am NOT interested in one with serious cracks or worse.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can you point me to the exact right lifting pucks and some guidance on exactly how to mount them? I’m seeing lots of suggested pucks off all kinds....kind of confusing. Which ones are the best long term solution?

·
Registered
579 Posts
CLICK HERE to see them sold on eBay.

They snap into the oval holes located on each side your Sky. One hole is near each front fender, the other just forward of each rear tire. When snapping them in, I think the front ones have a minor interference clearance to the fender. Loosen the fender bolt in the area and pull on it a bit to get the puck to snap flush to the steel frame or you will loose it. Once installed, the fender & puck will touch each other which is normal. Don't forget to re-tighten the fender bolt.

If you wonder, those oval holes were used to mount the car on the assembly line. They support the weight of the car adequately on a hydraulic automobile lift, but I prefer to support the weight of the car in the other recommended locations when at home using jack stands.

·
Registered
17,617 Posts
Everything u buy for a corvette is 4x the price....You want to purchase the bmw pucks...it will cost u about 9 dollars a puck (not 35) and fits into our cars...I believe they are for a 2009 BMW...if u do a search u will find them in our history...

·
Registered
142 Posts
9/11/2020 Anyone within driving distance to the Chicago area (or visiting family or friends in the Chicago area) I am looking for a good condition right front fender, any color. Minor cracks on the bottom would be okay, but I am NOT interested in one with serious cracks or worse.
$250 Plus $35 shipping. Terry J

·
Registered
579 Posts
Just the vents to the fenders and that was how the original ones were mounted. When I did my functional side vents I used double sided tape and 5 years later no issues.
What kind of double-sided tape is required? 3M foam tape used for automotive trim?

Regarding the OEM fender and vent assembly. Is there any styling difference between a Redline and a Base? Any difference between model years? I have a 2007 Base.

Regarding the few aftermarket fenders that are available (like from DDM and such) are they an exact match to OEM, or do I have to buy both sides so they match each other? Does an OEM vent insert fit properly into an aftermarket fender? I ask because I noticed that the DDM fender does not include the vent insert.

I am just trying to place all my options on the table before making a decision.

·
Registered
17,617 Posts
Regarding the color of the vent for the N/A and R/L....I believe all NAs had identical color matching to their fenders....the R/L were silver....of course Silver Pearl on the NA was silver pearl so they matched.

·
Super Moderator
6,107 Posts
Regarding the color of the vent for the N/A and R/L....I believe all NAs had identical color matching to their fenders....the R/L were silver....of course Silver Pearl on the NA was silver pearl so they matched.
Mine follow this convention: Body color for the NA and silver for the RL.

·
Registered
132 Posts
What kind of double-sided tape is required? 3M foam tape used for automotive trim?

Regarding the OEM fender and vent assembly. Is there any styling difference between a Redline and a Base? Any difference between model years? I have a 2007 Base.

Regarding the few aftermarket fenders that are available (like from DDM and such) are they an exact match to OEM, or do I have to buy both sides so they match each other? Does an OEM vent insert fit properly into an aftermarket fender? I ask because I noticed that the DDM fender does not include the vent insert.

Norms Fiberglass also has replacement skirts/fenders at $489.00 unpainted per pair. I saw them on a Sky at PAW and they looked great. A variation on the O/E ..... one that I might consider in the future.....

·
Super Moderator
11,342 Posts

Yes, just used 3M tape.

Vents are identical. They actually come silver when you order the OEM fenders. They have to be painted for the base model.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts