Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this ?? was answered and I missed it? Can anyone tell me what it's costing to fill the tank on your sky? I have 3 more days before my Sky is supposed to arrive!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed the GM was correct about it arriving 5/26... Hey, Marco, any word on yours yet? Also, how do you post pictures here? I would like to post when my car comes in!! T.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Costing me about $40.00

Baby only gets the good stuff, going for about $3.40 a gallon here in SoCal.

To upload a photo, just use the paper clip to send it as an attachment. It will automatically thumbnail and be available for enlargement...

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jdigiant said:
Baby only gets the good stuff, going for about $3.40 a gallon here in SoCal.

To upload a photo, just use the paper clip to send it as an attachment. It will automatically thumbnail and be available for enlargement...
Thank You jdigiant, I've been told it's best to start right off using the good stuff in this car. Guess it's worth the little extra. I'll try the paper clip tip for my pictures, thanks again!! T:)

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
SkyHi07 said:
3.08 a gallon for 92, first fill up last night was 33.50.
I guess I really need to apologize to all of you in California for complaining about the cost of gas here. I just paid $2.69 for 93 today. Guess it's the location of all the refineries near here.

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
I filled up for $31.50 Saturday night ($2.86/gal for 93) here in NC. Avg is around $30-$33/tank if I fill up at around 1/4 tank.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
$3.47/Gal Premium

It cost me $37 for a fill-up. Drove in on fumes. Still out of practice driving a stick for ecomomy. Less then 20 'round town, up and down the hills in Whittier, off Colima. Up to 30 if I stay on the freeway, with no traffic. :thumbs:

·
Registered
56 Posts
it has been about 27-30 in Ohio at 2.80 a gallon for premium. I have been getting about 24 miles to the gallon.

·
Registered
233 Posts
$3.19 for the good stuff (93) in Delaware on Saturday when I filled up. Ran me right about 38 bucks from near empty.

Got ~28mpg from the first tank of regular (89)fuel, of mostly highway driving with about 250 of the 350 miles coming from cruise set at 60mph.

I filled it up with the premium and it's going in for it's first oil change this friday with about 500 miles on it. Was told it's recommended to change it after ~500miles. They are going to reset the computer as well to take advantage of the CAI and the now only premium fuel.

·
Registered
239 Posts
hmmm no, I haven't called them...........maybe you can check up on mine when you go pick yours up HEHE I think I will call later when I get home from work.

QUOTE=tolaiz]Forgive me if this ?? was answered and I missed it? Can anyone tell me what it's costing to fill the tank on your sky? I have 3 more days before my Sky is supposed to arrive!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed the GM was correct about it arriving 5/26... Hey, Marco, any word on yours yet? Also, how do you post pictures here? I would like to post when my car comes in!! T.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
256 Posts
OMG!

I'm near DC and it has come down to $2.98 a gallon for 87 octane!

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Get-Go

Round here one of the gorcery store chains - Giant Eagle - has a deal where all your purhcases add up to dicounts on each gallon of gas purchased at their pumps. The going price around here waries up to about and just over $3 for premium - but my last fill up I had 70 cents off per gallon. and I have been getting around 36 miles per gallon in my 2004 Civic EX manual.

Dropping to below 30 mpg with a Sky won't be much fun at the pump - but inbetween trips to the gas station it will be far more fun than a Civic.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HotRedRoadster said:
hmmm no, I haven't called them...........maybe you can check up on mine when you go pick yours up HEHE I think I will call later when I get home from work.

QUOTE=tolaiz]Forgive me if this ?? was answered and I missed it? Can anyone tell me what it's costing to fill the tank on your sky? I have 3 more days before my Sky is supposed to arrive!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed the GM was correct about it arriving 5/26... Hey, Marco, any word on yours yet? Also, how do you post pictures here? I would like to post when my car comes in!! T.
[/QUOTE]
Hi HotRed: :D I promise to check on your baby when I go see about mine. But, don't be surprised if we end up getting our cars at the same time. I'm still not beliving mine will be in that soon :nono: but if it does, I will be happy for the first time that I was wrong :D . To the rest of you, thanks for the input on the gas fill up. Wow, California is really socking it to us on gas!! Had no idea we were leading the way in high prices. :brentil: T.]

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
qwack said:
I guess I really need to apologize to all of you in California for complaining about the cost of gas here. I just paid $2.69 for 93 today. Guess it's the location of all the refineries near here.
We wish it was refinery location. I filled up the VUE at $3.35 per and I can throw a rock and hit three refineries. It's California - period. Stinkin' "summer blend" and "refining capacity" and "down for mainenance" any other such nonsense you can think of. :mad:

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
$2.95 for 93 at shell here in Northen Florida...$28 last night my first fill up wow....247 mile on her, but she still looks new...:lol: :lol: Every time we stop people want to put finger prints all over....:lol: :lol: ..Seal9

·
Registered
239 Posts
2 bad for you guys.....I get free gas...perks of the company HEHE :thumbs:

MOMDRAE said:
:banghead: Gee!! I'm getting 25 mpg and I'm using 87 at 3.39/ per.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HotRedRoadster said:
2 bad for you guys.....I get free gas...perks of the company HEHE :thumbs:
Free gas?? Hmm, must be working for "them." Psst, :cool: R "they" hiring?? :jester: JK T.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Here in Tampa going for $2.71 at both discount and most brand name stations.
If you want to know what the gas futures contracts are going for, you can check CNBC anytime of the day and the winning bids are posted at the top of the screen, along with gold, natural gas, etc. Currently been down to a bit over $2.00 gallon, off a high around $2.30 a couple weeks ago, when it peaked
due to international uncertainties and the last of the refinery changeovers
to ethanol octane boosters and maintainence completions. So we're over the octane changeover hurdle.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts