Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today was an excellent day as another Sky finds it's way home to a proud owner! I drove home with the top up, windows up, and with the A/C on because it was pretty hot here. I drove the dealer's demo (Chili Pepper Red w/ 5 spd manual) a few months back and that was with the top down.
They said my Sky was the first yellow they've received so far. It has been waiting at the dealer for the last 4 days now anxiously awaiting it's parent, hehehe.
Here is my first impression of my own Sky:

1. Solid, stable ride
2. Auto shifts very smoothly
3. Light pressure on the brakes and it stops quickly
3. With the A/C on, it did feel sluggish when accelerating
4. Heard the wind noise behind the driver side that alot of others have stated as well
5. Weather strip on the passenger side did not seal completely near the lower left edge where the glass meets the seal. I noticed there was a slight gap where water could definitely get in (bringing back next week to get it looked at & fixed)
5. With the top up, I still had good visibilty (make sure to adjust your mirrors and seating position, this helps alot!)
6. Loved the growl the engine makes at start-up, then quiets down
7. Loved the XM radio, channels load up quickly, great sound quality
8. Loved the Monsoon sound system and how it was nicely integrated into the steering wheel controls
9. iPod sounds great plugged into the AUX input
10. and finally...happy they didn't drill the front of my bumper to mount the front plate! (they used the bracket instead, whew!)

Minor issues aside, I still think this car is fantastic.
The wait was well worth it!
When I saw the yellow in person, I could not help but keep :eek: staring :eek: and going over every beautiful curve & line on the car :drool:
I have not noticed any shade differences on the panels/rear bumper yet.
It got lots of looks when driving home and even when parked on my driveway.
I can't wait until I drive it with the top down! :driving:
Overall, I love it love it love it!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Congrats! Another yellow in our "canary club." Go Yellows!

·
Registered
178 Posts
congrats..another Texan hits the road!!!

Congrats.....enjoy the ride!!!!!

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
:willy: ongrats from California. :cheers: I too am waiting for a yellow SKY. :cool: :cool: Pics please.

·
Registered
230 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Congratulations, now go drive the wheels off it, but don't fail us who wait. Post your pics and thoughts. Remember those who wait live through you.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Yellow B the 1
BTW we belong to the YSC:thumbs:

One cool color :cheers:

(Well see if you can find a bad color of SKY?? Not me!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts