Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call from my dealer today and someone backed out of their car that was just like mine so they asked if I wanted to take this one.
I said, "heck yeah!"

I was more nervous on the drive there that I would be disappointed in the Silver Graphite or I wouldn't enjoy the ride or that I should wait for a Red Line instead. I was a ton more nervous about this car then when I got my Porsche Carrera S earlier this year even though it cost almost 4 times as much. They had just pulled it off the truck so the dealer warned me it was a bit dusty.

When I saw it, dust and all, all my worries faded away. Silver Graphite looks fabulous (it is lighter grey then I expected) and on our test drive my performance worries faded too. Interior is crappy compared to my other cars, but I like it better than the Solstice and Miata interiors, and it is very comfy inside.

I am paying cash for mine so I am picking her up Tuesday to give them enough time to get the LoJack installed and for me to get the money out of the bank. Once she is in my possession I will snap some pictures.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Great news! How can you be so lucky to have someone back out with a car like that!!!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Way to go, dont forget pics....:thumbs:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Congrats

I love my Sky you are really going to enjoy the ride. Your car that cost 4 times more won't attract the attension that this cheap little roadster will. Be prepared to do alot of talking in traffic and parking lots. To others this shows you to be patient. Your Sky will come or a dreamer will back out leaving you a early Sky.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Eye on Sky said:
I love my Sky you are really going to enjoy the ride. Your car that cost 4 times more won't attract the attension that this cheap little roadster will. Be prepared to do alot of talking in traffic and parking lots. To others this shows you to be patient. Your Sky will come or a dreamer will back out leaving you a early Sky.
Gosh, even with patience this is an emotional decision making process...I worked my way up on the list and thought I would have my car for summer...but was told probably August or September...I am fairly certain my salesman person was square about that. Then I get a call that a different car would be in for June and that everyone on the list had backed out so it was mine if I wanted it. I took the car, but am now wondering if so many are backing out if I might have ended up with the car I wanted a lot sooner?...I will never know, but this has been an up and down kind of experience

·
Registered
255 Posts
Enjoy the Silver Graphite Krazygoat. That's what I ordered and I think it is the best of the colors (IMO).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think some people are backing out to get RedLines and some just because they realized it was more money than they could spend on an "impractical" car.

I have gotten used to people coming up to me on my cars. I had the first of the WRX in bright WRC blue and a first-gen Mini in red with White stripes. I also get a lot of people come up to me in the Porsche to ask if it is fast, well duh, it is 355hp and small.

It is kind of nice going back to a true manual like the WRX. The Mini, the Porsche, and our Lexus all have the flappy paddle gear box which I think only works with really nice versions like the double clutch version in the Audi and VW. The Porsche one shifts well but uses silly buttons. I think they should have had good paddle shifters on the RedLine.

·
Registered
90 Posts
krazygoat said:
I think some people are backing out to get RedLines and some just because they realized it was more money than they could spend on an "impractical" car.

I have gotten used to people coming up to me on my cars. I had the first of the WRX in bright WRC blue and a first-gen Mini in red with White stripes. I also get a lot of people come up to me in the Porsche to ask if it is fast, well duh, it is 355hp and small.

It is kind of nice going back to a true manual like the WRX. The Mini, the Porsche, and our Lexus all have the flappy paddle gear box which I think only works with really nice versions like the double clutch version in the Audi and VW. The Porsche one shifts well but uses silly buttons. I think they should have had good paddle shifters on the RedLine.

Nice collection of cars - I'm jeolous

1 - 8 of 8 Posts