Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I called my dealership to ask the same questions I asked yesterday, because they told me to come in June to get the car in July, which I told them "I have a couple hundred friends going through the process right now, and I know that isn't possible" so thank you all for being my uh, friends.... So this guy finally understands my concern, and tells me to come in tomorrow, leave a deposit, and hopefully by July or August (when I am ready to buy) my car will be in. Seems like the reps don't really give a rats ass about the customers when it comes to the Sky, since they don't need to do a damn thing to get them sold.

I will go in tomorrow (Saturday) talk to the GM and my salesman and hopefully leave my deposit. The manager told me (yesterday) they are expecting 2 silver graphites sometime in July, so I wonder if my deposit can be for any particular vehicle. They want me to do a credit app, but I refuse since it will expire in 30 days anyway, and I will not qualify right now because my training is through a sort of temp agency. They are VERY strict on that, so I need to wait until June1 to do the credit app, because I am being turned over to the company.

Sorry I talk too much, but I want all of your input to help me deal with this immense stress this car is causing me!

Cant wait to sit back and relax in my

Silver Graphite, LSD, spoiler, blk leather - SKY.

Peace

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Good deal. Glad to hear that things will work out for you to get your Sky :thumbs:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clarification:

Seems like everyone on this site has custom ordered their Sky which is why it will take so long for some of you to get them. There is an option to leave a deposit and possibly pick up a car that was randomly ordered and sent to the dealership. Have any of you done this, or did you guys put deposits so long ago that you were able to order. Remember yes you might have been waiting since September, but they didn't even start building your car until February. Doen't mean everyone is going to have to wait 6-8 months.

Also, if I decide to order my Sky custom, is that when I do my credit app?
Or at least, when did you do yours?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I really think that Jesus didn't need help from Saturn, I think He already knows whats going on. Maybe, in the future we could not use Him to convey our anger.
Thanks Skybaby's Husband

·
Registered
163 Posts
skyguy85 said:
Seems like everyone on this site has custom ordered their Sky which is why it will take so long for some of you to get them. There is an option to leave a deposit and possibly pick up a car that was randomly ordered and sent to the dealership. Have any of you done this, or did you guys put deposits so long ago that you were able to order. Remember yes you might have been waiting since September, but they didn't even start building your car until February. Doen't mean everyone is going to have to wait 6-8 months.

I'm no expert here, but from what I've seen/read so far... I would not think it would take 6-8 months like a lot of us have experienced. When we put our deposits down the end of last year, the Sky's weren't in active production yet. Now since they are being produced, I would think they wouldn't be as long to wait.

The biggest wait is just your wait in line at the dealership to get your image... so many dealerships have a ton of people in line to even get their image. It took me from November to March to go from my deposit to image... but again that's probably more because they weren't in production yet...

best of luck! happy waiting! :willy:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Title corrected.

Please make a note - some people find the violation of the 3rd entry of the Decalogue as bad as profanity, so please refrain from using it.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion.

Reminder of the Site Rules:
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1934

Please refrain from continuing discussion of inappropriate language - the issue has been resolved.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder if they will order mine or just change one that they already have ordered. So it 'technically' took you 2 or 3 months to get your car. They took deposits before they even started building them. So I hope if I order, it will take 2-3 months as well.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think I will get alot of support when I say.................GET PRICING IN WRITING when you go tomorrow.:thumbs:

·
Registered
389 Posts
skyguy85 said:

Different dealerships are handling their Sky orders in different ways. Some are just ordering the cars they way the dealership wants and then will let the customers buy from their stock. Others are letting the customers custom order their skys. Many started to take deposits to hold a customers place in line to order the car last year. The first cars (ordered in in the beginning of 2006) were kept as a demo by the dealership or sold to the first customer on the dealer's list. Images (computer order forms) really started becoming available in feb-mar. The number of images a dealer receives per month depends on several factors. Some get 1-2 images per month whereas others get more.
I was #4 on my dealer's list but was bumped up to #2 because they were not able to order automatics on their first couple of images, so I consider myself lucky to get to order on 3/10. I didn't have to do a credit app when I put down my deposit last nov. because they didn't know how long it would be before I could put in my order. I don't think they did one when I ordered either. I am waiting to hear what the rate GMAC is offering to see if they can beat my bank.
When you put down your deposit be sure you know how much the dealer is charging for the car. Are they marking the car up over the MSRP. Are they adding dealer installed add-ons? You may want to get the price quote in writing as a few customers have experienced the dealer changing the price after the deposit was taken.
As long as you deposit is refundable and you are satisfied with the dealer's terms go a head and put it down. Depending on how many are on the list ahead of you and how many the images the dealer is receiving per month will determine when you can actually order the car. When the dealer calls you to let you know they are ready to order your car and you think it might arrive before your ready, all you have to do is tell you will pass this image to the next in line and take the next image that is available.
This is an exciting car, so jump on our bandwagon and you too can become a skyaholic!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
This whole "applying for a loan" thing is interesting to me...because my dealer never even asked how I planned on paying for the car...which will be in full, BTW. Loans, financing...none of that was even brought up when I went in to put my deposit down and pick out my color/options. Maybe it was just an oversight on their part, but I'm glad I didn't have to deal with that.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
nscrbug said:
This whole "applying for a loan" thing is interesting to me...because my dealer never even asked how I planned on paying for the car...which will be in full, BTW. Loans, financing...none of that was even brought up when I went in to put my deposit down and pick out my color/options. Maybe it was just an oversight on their part, but I'm glad I didn't have to deal with that.
It must be where we live nscrbug. No one asked for me to fill out a loan app. Also the question about the deposit... I did ask and got a quizical look from my rep, "What did you think we were going to do with it? Go on a vactaion?"

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
It must be where we live nscrbug. No one asked for me to fill out a loan app. Also the question about the deposit... I did ask and got a quizical look from my rep, "What did you think we were going to do with it? Go on a vactaion?"
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's a good one! :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
nscrbug said:
It's not an oversight. The facilities that are prepared and experienced already know that a credit app in Feb. means nothing in April, not to mention the rates literally change every single month, so again...no sense in asking. I would say you guys are dealing with a pretty good facility. Good for you and good for them! :)

By the way, I'm in Indy...not Chicago so no, I'm not with their Saturn Store.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts