Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 base, black on black/red 5 speed..... 13267 miles 😎
Tires date code 2006. ONE scratch that almost buffed out on the top ridge of the left fender.
The original owner bought it for his wife and she hated it, so it sat in his hangar.
Until now. Im an EcoTec enthusiast, had one on an airboat with a gearbox for years.
Almost afraid to drive it it’s so CHERRY.
DA1D206B-8DA3-47B4-8B33-C11EACE5527D.jpeg
DA1D206B-8DA3-47B4-8B33-C11EACE5527D.jpeg

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Step one: Replace those tires before they blow out on you. They may look OK on the outside, but they will be dry rotted and cracked on the inside, an accident waiting to happen.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Step one: Replace those tires before they blow out on you. They may look OK on the outside, but they will be dry rotted and cracked on the inside, an accident waiting to happen.

:thumbs:

Yes indeed Dave, trying to decide on what to buy. Have had good luck with Michelin, your thoughts?

·
Registered
651 Posts
If available in the right size, I love the performance, the ride, and the value of the Sumitomo brand for nice weather street/joy driving, sold through Tire Rack. They might also perform well when pushing the car hard, but the Corvettes I put them on, I never drive "extreme".

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If available in the right size, I love the performance, the ride, and the value of the Sumitomo brand for nice weather street/joy driving, sold through Tire Rack. They might also perform well when pushing the car hard, but the Corvettes I put them on, I never drive "extreme".
I’ll have a look, thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,188 Posts
Yes indeed Dave, trying to decide on what to buy. Have had good luck with Michelin, your thoughts?
Florida? Will the car stay there, or travel north? What type of driving will you be doing?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Florida? Will the car stay there, or travel north? What type of driving will you be doing?
The car will be used occasionally here in lovely Melbourne Florida! Maybe a trip to the Keys at most.
Ive got a muscle car so the Sky wont be abused. Got the Autocross tee shirt already too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey if I may change subjects, I’ve noticed the gearbox is a bit “crude”, and a bit noisey.
Ive been pulling wrenches for 45 years now, and I endorse synthetic lubricants. You guys have a favorite?
What weight? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,188 Posts
It is a pickup truck gearbox. Learn to love it, or be miserable.

·
Super Moderator
6,188 Posts
Yeah I had the same thought. I need to check compatibility, but have used RoyalPurple synth 75W90 for years now in other boxes with zero issues.
There is "zero issues" and there is "improvement". At 13k miles the gearbox lube is extremely unlikely to need replacement, even sitting around in Florida humidity, and i have the idea that it is already synthetic, but have not looked it up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is "zero issues" and there is "improvement". At 13k miles the gearbox lube is extremely unlikely to need replacement, even sitting around in Florida humidity, and i have the idea that it is already synthetic, but have not looked it up.
Good thought.

·
Registered
271 Posts
welcome to the forum.changing tires is a very smart thing to do.also change all the fluids.they are all past there age limits.
very nice car,give it some fluid love.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
welcome to the forum.changing tires is a very smart thing to do.also change all the fluids.they are all past there age limits.
View attachment 113817
Thank
View attachment 113817
Thanks Robert! Fluid changes are definitely on the squawk list, along with a fresh set of Michelin’s.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts