Saturn Sky Forum banner

How did/are you paying for it?

• Finance through Saturn.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Cash on the barrel head.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • Threw Cash, but financed through third party.

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 2 3.4%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just curious what other people have done, or are planning on doing.

With Saturn's "No Haggle" Policy, of those that "threw cash", did your dealer cut you a break anyway?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Dang, 6 people (so far) paid for it in cash? Must be nice!!

I put $500 down for deposit and said i'd bring $1,500 mroe with me at time of delivery, but since it's months away, i'm hoping to show up with 4-5k and finance the rest. I refuse to lease, to me, it's a waste of money.

·
Registered
141 Posts

I put $500 down for deposit and said i'd bring $1,500 mroe with me at time of delivery, but since it's months away, i'm hoping to show up with 4-5k and finance the rest. I refuse to lease, to me, it's a waste of money.
That was my plan too, but it didn't work out that way.......not that I'm complaining! I thought I'd have 6 months to grab all the cash I could to bring that payment down, but 5 days after I put down my deposit, I got a call about a car w/the same options I ordered but a different color.......was I interested? WAS I INTERESTED?!? That was a no brainer, even if I couldn't put as much down as I planned. Couldn't be happier with my higher car payment now! :cool:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

Oops. I did forget to include Leasing in the poll.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was planning on putting 5k down. Pay the tag, title and Tax. Might go for 10 k if it takes till next Spring.
The Cap One thing looks okay. But I think GMAC will meet that interest rate.
I think I will wait until I hear their interest rate, then call the Credit Union and Cap One.
I wander if the opening a Cap One Bank account in their new banks would give you a better rate? Have it directly taken from your account.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I was planning on putting 5k down. Pay the tag, title and Tax. Might go for 10 k if it takes till next Spring.
The Cap One thing looks okay. But I think GMAC will meet that interest rate.
I think I will wait until I hear their interest rate, then call the Credit Union and Cap One.
I wander if the opening a Cap One Bank account in their new banks would give you a better rate? Have it directly taken from your account.
The rate on Capital is really good if you have good credit. The GMAC rate wouldn't be able to compare to a Credit Union or Capital one I believe. Also if you have a Costco card you go to Capital auto thru them and you get a special discount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts