Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my red beauty has 1030 miles now. I have had a blast with this thing for the last week and a half. So here's my 1000 mile review.

First oil change - $30

1000 miles worth of gas - $125

Having an incredibly beatiful woman in an AMG tell you how gorgeous you and your car are - priceless :thumbs:

·
Registered
737 Posts
pitcom, did you put mobil1 in for the oil change ?
I'm sooooo jealous! But happy for you, Pitcom. I didn't think you needed to change the oil that often. Is it because it is new, or is this just your normal maintenance? Someone said you don't have to change the oil for 20-25,000 miles. My current car has 147,000 miles on it; changed the oil every 3000. When I get the smog test, they tell me it is like a new car. I want to maintenance my new baby the same way. Tell me the secret here, pleeeeeze! :confused:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Well my red beauty has 1030 miles now. I have had a blast with this thing for the last week and a half. So here's my 1000 mile review.

First oil change - $30

1000 miles worth of gas - $125

Having an incredibly beatiful woman in an AMG tell you how gorgeous you and your car are - priceless :thumbs:
Contact Mastercard Pitcom!!

I think we have a winner here!:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I'm sooooo jealous! But happy for you, Pitcom. I didn't think you needed to change the oil that often. Is it because it is new, or is this just your normal maintenance? Someone said you don't have to change the oil for 20-25,000 miles. My current car has 147,000 miles on it; changed the oil every 3000. When I get the smog test, they tell me it is like a new car. I want to maintenance my new baby the same way. Tell me the secret here, pleeeeeze! :confused:
I still think 1000 miles is a little early for the first oil change, I have seen it done both ways and as long as you use a high quality oil you would be fine letting the DIC get to 50-60 percent oil life after the first oil change around 3000 miles... I know some people think that it only costs a few more bucks to change it more often, but think about it, if everyone would extend their oil changes by half how much oil that would save in one year....
I have changed oil at 3000 and at 6000 and really have not seen much difference at all in engine life.. of course I don;t keep my car for 25 years and 300,000 miles, mainly because I like a new car every once in a while, usually every 4 to 5 years and about 100,000 miles... right now my oldest vehicle is a 91 S-10 Blazer with 181,000 miles on it, it uses a quart around 4,000 miles.....then I change the oil...

·
Registered
422 Posts

First oil change .....
Hey Pitcom,

What about the torque bar? Some pics?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Got a real Job?

Hey Pitcom...you seem to be burnin up the payment lately. Do you have a real job or did you call in a months worth of sick leave...jk jk. Hell, I'd do it too, but I think I would have a real excuse. Ya know the shift tunnel syndrom and clutch itedus..spsp. LOL. Go man Go:cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts