Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious... if the Sky is (or will be) your first convertible, or if--like me--you've had others before :)
My love affair with convertibles started with a '72 MGB back in 1976 while in college. I've had two Mustang convertibles since then... never lost my taste for open air, even though the Texas heat & humidity wreaks havoc on my hair!

Silver pearl - Oct. est. arrival
Black leather
Chromies
Auto

·
Registered
302 Posts
This will be my 1st convertible and only my 2nd car. But I'm only 21.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
This is my first convertable. If I had hair, I'm sure the heat and humidity would be a concern also.

·
Registered
478 Posts
My first was a '73 MG Midget in college. My second was a '97 Jeep Wrangler (which I still own and now hate). This is number 3.

I think the MG may still be my favorite. The Sky is reliable, has a working gas gauge, does not leak, does not need constant repair and I don't need to carry a toolkit everywhere I go. It's everything the MG was not. But the MG did have a bigger trunk.

·
Registered
155 Posts
No, this will be my 4th convertible. Right out of law school I bought a Mercedes SLK that got totalled in an accident (not officially but it was never the same). A few years later I owned a Miata. I currently drive a 2001 Mercedes SLK (which will be privately sold or traded in when my Sky arrives). Usually, LA allows for lots of top down days, but with the weather this steamy right now, I almost don't mind having to wait a few months to drive the Sky. Almost...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
388 Posts
This will be my second. I had a 97 convertible mustang. I loved it and have missed the wind blowing in my hair.

·
Registered
197 Posts
My first convertible. Always had 2 seater coupes before.
Top down driving makes it easier to stay awake driving home after working night shifts.:)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Second convertible and second sports car. My first sports car was a hard top.
I might suggest you consider a windscreen that goes behind the seat at head level. They reduce the backdraft on the head. Which is wonderful on cool days in the fall, early morning or after sunset. Also they help reduce long hair knotting up and hats fly off... which now only concerns my wife. :lol:
But oh that feeling of warm air blowing wildly around you is freedom and excitement I long for again. :thumbs:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I had/have a t-top Nissan NX 2000. I loved driving her on the warm summer nights.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
This will be my first convertible...working at the Saturn Dealership I get to drive alot of cars though...I had a nice boxter S last weekend...can't wait for mine to get here.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Currently I have a custom 1990 Mazda B2200 convertible and in the past Ihad a 1966 Datsun 1600 Fairlady, a 1967 Datsun 1600 Fairlady and a 1969 Datsun 2000 Fairlady. All fun cars but with the same problems the the MG's had as they were copies. The Mazda will be sold to help pay for the new SKY.

R

·
Registered
669 Posts
This is my second. First was an '88 Mustang. The motor for the automatic top went out quick, so I'm used to the manual top. :D

·
Registered
574 Posts
This is my second..........

My first was a 78 Triumph Spitfire....Also a roadster....:cool:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Our first convert, but we always had sun roofs etc also I drove motorcycle for years... This is a modified Bike ride :D
The music is better and the conversation easier....:lol:

·
Registered
84 Posts
This will be my first convertible, but I did have both a Supra and a Firebird with T-tops before. Only about 4-5 hairs get out of place riding in the breeze (of course, I only have 4-5 hairs).:lol:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
1st

This is my first convertable and our first roadster. I am having an absolute blast driving with the top down. The sights and smells that you just can't get with a "topped" car must be the reason I have a bad case of SGS. Oh and she drives pretty good too!

:D

·
Registered
102 Posts
First Rag Top

My wife currently owns a Toyota Solara Conv. and loves it.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
First convertible was and is 1975 Triumph Spitfire, 76,000 miles and still runs, big time customized..Oh and second is SKIPSKY, 4000 miles and my baby...Skip....:cheers:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts