Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are a few pics we took today. You guys were right! It's like your a rock star. It was a perfect night for a drive. We had so many people pulling up next to us on the freeway. Heard a man say "Oh my God, there's the Sky". Even had a guy in a Lotus Elise check us out. Cruised down a strip through an outdoor mall which has a restaurant row so there are tons of people walking around. Felt like we were in a parade with everyone staring at us as we went through the middle. All the agony with the dealer and having to wait so long has paid off and it was all worth it. And this was only the first night of driving. Thanks again to the fabulous forum family! These aren't the greatest pictures but it was getting dark.
IMAG0104.JPG

IMAG0105.JPG

IMAG0107.JPG
I didn't want the GM windscreen because I was going to order the Kappashield, but the dealer added it on anyway so I am stuck with it since it is bolted onto the car. Can't believe they did that. It's starting to grow on me but I think it looks weird. What do you guys think? Tennis anyone?

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Looks great!!!

Bolted on? I thought those things were supposed to be removable.
Maybe you can put an electric current through it and make it a bug zapper.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks great Moni..read your other threads and am happy it worked out for you. I'm kinda preferential to the Kappasphere wind blocker, but that's because i crafted my own years back when I had a Maxda Miata....enjoy the ride. :)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Moni, be careful with your windscreen. There were a couple of people on our last run who have them and they noticed that it is starting to scratch up there window fogger.

·
Registered
197 Posts
No reason you can't put one of the clear plexiglass windscreens on if you like them better. The GM one just pulls out. You will have the two mounting sockets that the GM screen uses, but at least they are the same silver color as the strip behind the seats.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Here is a "clip" of a Solstice driving the Dragon.

I thought it was so good I tried to brought it here so you all can view it. The way it rolls into and out of those curves and stays up with motorcycles on that road is most impressive.
This is just a guy and not a professional. It should be a GM ad. I could feel the air and leaned with the bends.

But I do not think I can successfully copy and transfer, so you can go to the bottom of this page and click on Solstice forum and roll down and I think you all will enjoy it!

:driving:

dori-san's SOLSTICE on the DRAGON thread [VIDEO download!]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes folks, here it is... the moment you've all no doubt been waiting for.

The very reason that Janey's Fun Run was ever filmed as a means of testing for
what was to eventually be the REAL purpose of strapping a camera to my decklid.

This is it. This is THE first documented video of a Solstice running on the Tail of the Dragon.

I have been planning on a trip to run the Tail of the Dragon ever since before I received my car. (link)

There is going to be a group of Solstices battling the Dragon's twisting corners in less than two weeks! (link)

A few Solstice owners have run the Dragon themselves already, some of them are members here.

But I wanted to present to you all this video so you can behold what a truly awesome
road the Tail of the Dragon really is. I have since revisited Janey's Fun Run and
it does absolutely nothing for me now, I have been spoiled by the
free, self-controlled rollercoaster called Route 129.

Without further adeiu, I give you...

(click the pic) a new window should open. click save.

57.77mb | 16:21 running time

enjoy!

·
Registered
18,281 Posts
moni6 said:
Here are a few pics we took today. You guys were right! It's like your a rock star. It was a perfect night for a drive. We had so many people pulling up next to us on the freeway. Heard a man say "Oh my God, there's the Sky". Even had a guy in a Lotus Elise check us out. Cruised down a strip through an outdoor mall which has a restaurant row so there are tons of people walking around. Felt like we were in a parade with everyone staring at us as we went through the middle. All the agony with the dealer and having to wait so long has paid off and it was all worth it. And this was only the first night of driving. Thanks again to the fabulous forum family! These aren't the greatest pictures but it was getting dark.
View attachment 5123

View attachment 5124

View attachment 5125
I didn't want the GM windscreen because I was going to order the Kappashield, but the dealer added it on anyway so I am stuck with it since it is bolted onto the car. Can't believe they did that. It's starting to grow on me but I think it looks weird. What do you guys think? Tennis anyone?
Take off the GM windscreen go to the site wind restrictor...get the etched windscreen...u will love it...it has LED's

·
Registered
574 Posts
Very nice...I'm glad you have your car!

It sure is nice cruising around in such a great car! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
:cheers: Gee, you have great taste in cars!!! Congrats MONI! The only problem is, that the car gets so many looks, the days when you could throw on a pair of flip flops, your holey gymshorts, and run to the store right-quick sort of hoping no one will see you....ARE ALLL OVER! :lol: :lol: Thank heaven I kept my Taurus.

·
Registered
574 Posts
So true!

skywulf said:
:cheers: Gee, you have great taste in cars!!! Congrats MONI! The only problem is, that the car gets so many looks, the days when you could throw on a pair of flip flops, your holey gymshorts, and run to the store right-quick sort of hoping no one will see you....ARE ALLL OVER! :lol: :lol: Thank heaven I kept my Taurus.
Diana's hair is very curly and.....on the first night of driving in wind and humidity (about 3 hours) her hair got pretty funky...can you say BIG!....she later remarked "jeez with all the people staring at us...that's not happening again...." She now braids it...plus a bandana...its pretty cute! Yeah no runs to the gas station in funky sweatpants and a ratty t-shirt....oh well....:cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oh yeah, the hair issue! I'm growing mine out and it's too short to pull back in braids, etc and too long for flying around. I think I'm blind in my left eye from my hair continuously whipping across my face on the highway. Wonder if I'm too old for headbands????

Moni6 - CONGRATS~~
Many wonderful, fun miles.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Congrats!

The car looks great and i am sure you look great in it. Listen to the folks on the forum about the screen and do what you feel is best.

I expect to see you on our next run. 22 cars is already too many to get into a parking lot (yesterday's count), so you are expected to come!

Welcome, new owner.
Angelqute1

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Great car! Congrats on your new delivery!:thumbs:

BTW the wind screen doesn't look to bad. If you don't like it the piece of metal the bracket is screwed into can be replaced.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts