Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as some may know I picked up me new SKY yesterday.... but it was raining. Directly into the garage she went, until today. It was sunny, warm... perfect. :cool:

I of course felt much too sick to head into work, so I got to play with the new toy, and drive her with the top down for the first time. Nice...... I am loving it.

People had asked for photos, so here are a couple from me picking it up at the dealer. It is red with the tan top. If you look closely you can see the dealers demo in the background... grey. There also was a black one there just waiting for its owner to come get it. :D

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Well Druuullll

Wow, that is one nice looking ride. Mine will have black top. Makes me crazy waiting!!!

Thank you for sharing

Kimberly
ChiliSky:thumbs:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know I think I would like it better with the black top too. I got a lot of really positive comments about the tan top at the dealer, but I am still not 100% sure. I LOVE the 2 tone tan/black interior, so I had really no choice since the options are tied together. The General manager said he really liked the tan top, and would be ordering his next couple cars that way after seeing it. Of course he probably just tells the buyer what he thinks they want to hear at the time. Anyhow, you will love it... I am not too bothered by the top color as I will have it DOWN most of the time anyhow. :thumbs:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hey Moto...I think you'll appreciate the tan more and more each day...it is the epitomy of style and elegance...goes with the European lines...Still bummed I'm not getting my tan on green, but like you I'm gonna learn to love the tan on black that I am getting.
I test drove a black on red and I think your choice is much nicer :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
I think your color combo looks great...and I don't have to say it because I think you want to hear it. :thumbs:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine is just like yours It is "on the truck". :cheers: I really like the the tan top....

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Sweet looking ride! :thumbs: Now we just have to do something about that front licence plate....:eek:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Did you get the rear spoiler too? As you can see from my signiture, I like the tan top. I can't wait to get mine.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did not get the spoiler. I kind of like the look without it, and if I change my mind, I can add it later.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I didn't like the idea of a spoiler either but it grew on me. I ordered the same car as yours with the spoiler.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nice Looking Chilli Pepper...............:)

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
nighttamer said:
:agree: Put the front plate where mine is in the trunk. :thumbs:
I went with the: Register her is a state that doesn't require a front licence plate. :jester: :lol:

·
Registered
45 Posts
i do not care for the spoiler either. i think it ruins the line of the rearend. still have no clue as to when my dealer can get me one. so tired of them not having any info!:banghead:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Nice looking car. Beware of those Massassussetts drivers though... the're crazy.:D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No info is so frustrating. I sent many email and calls to my dealer, and never really got anywhere... no order numbers, nothing. I finally had to make sure my car had been imaged! Finally I heard that it was on a truck, already built, and 1 week later it was in. I really had no info before that. I put down my deposit in June, and gave my order details in February, so I had many frustrating months of no info. This website was the only thing keeping me going.

Yours all will come, just be patient. Anyone want to take mine out for a ride, just come on over to Massachusetts!

I actually bought the car in RI, and registered it in Mass. Both states require the front license plate, so no option there. Oh well... I can't see the plate when I am driving anyhow.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm from Massachusetts myself and I hope they don't install a front plate on mine. I know it's required but after I get it inspected, which the Saturn dealership will do, I will remove the front plate and holder. I am glad I am writing this beacuse I am going to the dealership tomorrow afternoon and insist that that do not make any holes in the sky to install a plate holder.

How did the install your plate? Did they make any holes?

I should be taking my Sky home hopefully next week. She is all paid for but we are waiting for the title to show up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts