Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen in the past two weeks the GXP Solstice and the Saturn Sky and I got to tell you, the sky is so awesome. I am leaning to the bluestone. Bummed I will have a to wait a year or two, but by then, the bugs will be worked out. The craftsmanship on the interior is excellent. I just hope the turbo lag on the Sols and the Skys is minimal. They said it would be. Saw a silver Sky at the Neptune festival on Va. Bch. today and it was drop dead gorgeous.:thumbs:

·
Registered
138 Posts
responding to first look

I have seen in the past two weeks the GXP Solstice and the Saturn Sky and I got to tell you, the sky is so awesome. I am leaning to the bluestone. Bummed I will have a to wait a year or two, but by then, the bugs will be worked out. The craftsmanship on the interior is excellent. I just hope the turbo lag on the Sols and the Skys is minimal. They said it would be. Saw a silver Sky at the Neptune festival on Va. Bch. today and it was drop dead gorgeous.:thumbs:
Did your dealer say it would be a year or two to get the Bluestone, or is that when you want to get the car? Please explain/

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
I was able to view the Sols and the Sky simulanteously at the Saturn dealer. A Sols buyer came by to show off his car at the time I was looking at the Sky. There is no comparison. Sky has class.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
I was able to view the Sols and the Sky simulanteously at the Saturn dealer. A Sols buyer came by to show off his car at the time I was looking at the Sky. There is no comparison. Sky has class.
I think that the Solstice has a lot of class too!
It really is a subjective thing - I was totally in love with the Solstice until I saw the SKY!
The SKY just catches my eye because I prefer the sharp angles.
Otherwise - they are BOTH definitely cars that stand apart from all of the others!
:thumbs:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Parked in front of a very nice restaurant in Birmingham last night. I was fortunate that the parking spot next to the handicapped space was open and it was right at the front door.

When we finished our dinner, we went outside and noticed a Red Solstice parked next to our Silver Pearl Sky. Both were topless, so my wife and I had the opportunity to truly compare.

I didn't realize there were SO many differences. I too originally fell in love with the SOL. I even had trouble choosing which one to buy. While the SOL is a beauty in and of herself, I KNOW I made the right choice !!!! :cheers:

As were were standing there, 3 couples came out of the restaurant and joined us looking at the two cars. They didn't know we owned the SKY, and when they all concluded, "The red one is sharp, but the silver one is GORGEOUS !" I pulled the keys out of my pocket, unlocked the doors and said "Thanks, I appreciate the compliment"........

What a nice way to end a meal.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
If it wasn't for the pontiac dealer asking $5k over MSRP, I would be tooling around in a Sol right now. It's all personal flavor. IMHO, The Sol is a more rounded car, whereas the Sky is more boxy if you will. Either or, they both look great to me--:thumbs: You would not make a mistake which ever one you chose.:D Altho, now, I have to admit, if they were put side by side, and since it would be a "team" decision (wife & I), we would probably pick the Sky. In fact, I know we would cause my wife says she likes the Sky better now.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not the least concerned about the dealer at this point,although friends that have used Va. Bch. Saturn are very pleased with their service. I am afraid I will always vasilate between the SOL and the SKY, since they are both bretheren and gorgeous in their own right. It is a matter of personal preference, but I have to admit, the refined look of the sky's interior, fit and finish and chrome treatments, lend it to be a more sporty ride for the afficionado. The SOL seems to be a true guts out autocrosser with major attitude, which I personally admire. If the turbo lag is in fact minimal and the sky can autocross well, I would choose the sky. Looks are nice, but performance matters to me in this segment. I am going t wait and be patient to find out about reliability issues with the turbo in the SOL and the SKY, but from an artist's standpoint, I love the SKY.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts