Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Our cars come stock with a 180 t-stat. The old t-stat has a hole in it (and is in the car now but sticking). The new one was supposed to be a 160 but I got a 180 and we hadn't drilled a hole in it before we installed it. may just get a 160 from Autozone and drill it out since it needs a new one anyway. Just got to check it.

i got the new MAP and tune installed today. Fired right up and purred but didn't get a chance to get it on the road.

Skersfan, I'll be sure to talk to Dave this weekend about that radiator.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
My radiator took MONTHS to get. And when I drilled my t-stat I think I used 1/8" bit. I need to do it again and use a smaller bit because it takes WAY too long to heat up in the winter because of it. I don't drive it much at all in the fall and winter, but sometimes I have to because of my or my wife's SUV being in for maintenance or something.

·
Super Moderator
11,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
My radiator took MONTHS to get. And when I drilled my t-stat I think I used 1/8" bit. I need to do it again and use a smaller bit because it takes WAY too long to heat up in the winter because of it. I don't drive it much at all in the fall and winter, but sometimes I have to because of my or my wife's SUV being in for maintenance or something.
Yea winter here is 50 degrees...maybe in the 40s. lol

I think in our new one we'll do a 1/8th or 3/32nds.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
I was told ten days approximately. I have no need for it months from now. I have the hood off, the engine comes out shortly and when it goes back in the original radiator goes back in and the order will be cancelled. No excuse for things taking this long form vendors. Sorry. I can't do business like that, don't feel others should either.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts