Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to two dealership in the Atlanta, GA area today. One dealership had a car with the red interior I want to see, and the other had an actual REDLINE! (Chill pepper with black interior and top)
What I learned: I definitely want the red interior combination. The solid black does not make nearly the statement as does the red (IMHO), and my previous cars all have had tan leather.
Next: After driving a manual base SKY, I want an auto. I'm willing to give up a little performance/control for practicality (Atlanta traffic can be unbearable at times, and a stick only makes it worse, IMHO).
It was good to finally see a REDLINE though, even it you could not test drive. BTW, it had the power door locks button.
Questions:
1. Do you think the 2008 Sky’s will have side impact airbags?

2. 2008 model year offer Navigation as an option?

3. New colors for 2008, and more flexibility with top/interior combinations?

4. Color-match the frame around the windshield, and the molding around the exhaust with the body color?

5. Are there more rumors/speculations that other options (I know about the seat heightener) will be added this model year?

6. When should I place my order to be on the front end of the 2008 roll-out?

:) ************First Post, so don't be too harsh************:)

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You will learn a lot about the Sky here.

I ordered a chili pepper red redline with black interior. Since you were able to see the red exterior and black interior combination, what is your opinion of the solid black interior.

Shirley

·
Registered
290 Posts
1. No
2. No
3. No change.
4. Not until 2010.
5. Subtle changes: seat height, power locks, engine refinements
6. Probably now.

Saturn is violently backordered due to the insane demand. I suspect a second plant might open if demand maintains into next year.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Welcome to the 'waitin room'.

:willy: :rolleyes: :confused: :banghead: :mad: :lol: :cheers:

My signature tells a lot. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder including car options and MODs. I find every color looks great on this car. Yellow is absolutely gorgous on this car and ugly on most. (IMO) It is your car, your car payment, so you decide. :thumbs:

Production year for 08's, I believe, starts around June 07. You can ask your dealer, but the wait has been pretty long. 'Deluke' or 'Sky Spy' .
They have accurate insider information. And are forum members who are daily participantes. I am sure they will be of help.

In the mean time .... welcome! :grouphug:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I should of added "mikecronis" too! Actually the makeup of forum membership's background, education, interest, hobbies and skill level of this forum is very wide spread. You may do a search to read earlier threads and walk away impressed. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Now. My dealer has 125 deposits, and they are getting 6-8 cars in per month, which is a high-volume dealer. Even if supplies improve, any new order is certainly looking at a 2008 model.

Everybody who procrastinated this decision now wants to kick themselves for waiting to start the clock. Most dealers will refund your money in full if you want to back out. If you change your mind down the road on color and other options, most dealers will save your place in line (which is why many of those people who "thought" that they were first in line for a Redline were bumped down).

The key is, get your deposit in and your car ordered ASAP. This is one of those no-lose scenarios.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
2. 2008 model year offer Navigation as an option?
Actually, this is a current OnStar option called Directions & Connections.

Another service, to be available on "Select 2007 Mid-Year" Skys is Turn by Turn Navigation. This service will require subscription to the Directions & Connections Plan.

As with all OnStar functions, it is dependent upon a suitable cellphone signal being available, but most areas of the U.S. are covered.

http://www.onstar.com/us_english/jsp/plans/tbt.jsp

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hey Gman, I have my Sky, it is an auto and I too commute in Atlanta traffic...and if you are going to Century Center, (which I don't but I go from the South Side to the top end 285) we both go to the most difficult traffic areas of the universe and you will NOT regret choosing the automatic. I have never heard of anyone saying they lose power? Might have missed it. Did you get to test drive one? I ordered mine without ever seeing one in person, and without test driving. It was later before I got to drive the stick, and the first time I drove automatic was when mine was delivered!! :D

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I suggest you go to a (or several) dealers and place a deposit for a 2008 R/L now. If the dealers you are working with won't accept a deposit for an 08 R/L...then get on the 2007 R/L list...chances are they will run out of allocations long before your name comes up...but you'll still be on the list and won't lose your place in line when the orders go in for the 08's. That is what we did. We definitely are holding out for an 08 R/L, but put a deposit down 3 weeks ago and got on the list now...figuring that anyone on the 07 R/L list now that doesn't get an allocation will automatically get priority for an 08. That's how most dealers will probably handle it.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
1. No
2. No
3. No change.
4. Not until 2010.
5. Subtle changes: seat height, power locks, engine refinements
6. Probably now.

Saturn is violently backordered due to the insane demand. I suspect a second plant might open if demand maintains into next year.
No second plant will open. ...Skip...:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the forum. You will learn a lot about the Sky here.

I ordered a chili pepper red redline with black interior. Since you were able to see the red exterior and black interior combination, what is your opinion of the solid black interior.

Shirley
First, the exterior is drop-dead gorgeous. As for as the interior, I just think that the black leather on the doors does not stand out enough as do the red or tan option. Also, the stitching on the red interior is red that adds an interesting contrasted to all that black.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually, this is a current OnStar option called Directions & Connections.

Another service, to be available on "Select 2007 Mid-Year" Skys is Turn by Turn Navigation. This service will require subscription to the Directions & Connections Plan.

As with all OnStar functions, it is dependent upon a suitable cellphone signal being available, but most areas of the U.S. are covered.

http://www.onstar.com/us_english/jsp/plans/tbt.jsp
Thanks. I checked it out. I think at this point I'm going to get one of the new portalable navigation system that provide real-time traffic information along with the typical directions, distance, and point-of-interests.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
The red stitching sounds interesting, but I have reservations. Our IROC was red with red and black interior. It really bothered me that the red on the inside and the outside did not match. (probably just a woman thing) However, the white stitching (at least it looks white from the photos) on the black interior of the Sky bothers me as far as wear. How did that look on the Sky you saw?

Shirley

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The red stitching sounds interesting, but I have reservations. Our IROC was red with red and black interior. It really bothered me that the red on the inside and the outside did not match. (probably just a woman thing) However, the white stitching (at least it looks white from the photos) on the black interior of the Sky bothers me as far as wear. How did that look on the Sky you saw?

Shirley
You will not have that issue with the SKY...if you select red exterior, you cannot get it with the red leather interior.

You make a good point concerning white stitching.
The black looks fine when its not park next to one of the other two-tone interiors.

My dilemma now is with my exterior color choice--Polar White. I have a White Diamond Pearl Acura. Therefore, I was hoping that this color would have a similar metallic finish as well. WRONG! It is more like stark white. Almost a utilitarian color white, similar to what you would see on a panel van or service truck; very disappointed!

I am certain that the interior will be red. Black is too common, and I have had tan in my two previous cars. The red inserts remind me of my old vette.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
The first Sky I saw was white with tan/black interior and tan top. I never really cared for white, but this white is sharp. The white with red/black looks good, too. Someone posted a photo of this combination on the forum. At any rate, a Sky is awesome in any color.

Just heard from our dealership today. It looks like our Redline will be here in January.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts