Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...my hubby took my Sky in this morning to our dealer's service department to have the 'window not rolling up properly' issue corrected...and his first impression of the service department was not good. He said that if he had to 'rate' them...he'd give them a "D". :eek: Our appointment was scheduled for 9am..and he got there right at 9...nobody was there...no service manager, no techs, no porters...NOBODY!!! :confused: He was not pleased, to say the least. When somebody did finally show up, he was told that they only have 1 porter on duty and he would not be able to be given a ride home. Excuse me?!?! When I made the appointment last week, I specifically said that he would need a ride back home and was told "no problem". After much debate, they finally agreed to give him a loaner car...but then tell him that the loaner needs to be back at the dealership by 8pm tonight...yet they did not guarantee that my Sky would be ready by then. So let me get this straight...they want us to drop off their loaner car by 8pm this evening, even though they're not sure if I'll be able to drive my own car back home?!?! Ummmmm....I don't think so! :mad: Then my hubby was told that there was a 'recall' issue that would also be taken care of...the vent hose for the auto tranny. Hmm...I distinctly remember asking when I took delivery of the car, if the vent hose had been replaced as my VIN# falls within the range of cars that were experiencing the contaminated auto trannys. I was told that "it's already been taken care of"...okay, if that was true...then why are they replacing it again?!?!? :confused:

I sure hope that this first experience with Saturn service is not an indication of what I have to look forward to in the future. :nono:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I am sorry you have a rough time with your service department. I guess in a big town such as that they have so many customers they don;t have the time for personal service like my dealership does... everyone there knows me and my wife by name, and are bending over backwards for anything we need...
In fact i am taking mine in today to leave it to get a dent out where someone opened their door into the rear fender, and i don;t have a clue when it could have happened because i always try to park it away from everyone else on in a end spot, I have never come out and someone was parked that close to me either...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Linda..... i am very sorry you went through that..... every time we go into the dealership.. for ANY reason..... there are lots of helpful CS persons, salesmen...etc.... maybe it was just a BUSY / BAD day for them...... one can hope...SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SkyBaby said:
Linda..... i am very sorry you went through that..... every time we go into the dealership.. for ANY reason..... there are lots of helpful CS persons, salesmen...etc.... maybe it was just a BUSY / BAD day for them...... one can hope...SkyBaby-07

I've always had helpful CS and salesreps...but this was in the service department...totally different animal. Even my experience with them when I stopped there last Friday to make the appointment, didn't leave me with a warm and fuzzy feeling. They seemed to be sorely understaffed...only 1 guy at the service desk, and from what I saw, only 1 tech...with a sh!tload of cars waiting to be worked on. I will wait and see how things turn out with my car before I condemn them for good. If they fix the window issue and the few other minor things I mentioned to them, then I'll cut them some slack. If, however, things are not fixed to my satisfaction...rest assured I will be seeking a new dealership to have all of my service work done at...and I will make sure that Saturn Corp. knows about it.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
i dont blame ya one bit...... i "forgot" ... literally to drop off my baby after my bbq for some service..... and.. i didnt get a CALL reminding me that i messed up or anything... i thought that was kinda odd.. since before we got the Sky... and we did miss one appt for the VUE... they called right away.... oh well, i called them right before i went there to meet BENTLEY and give her balloons and get a few pics ... to tell them i need to re-schedule.... they were great about it.... so now, i will drop her off next monday for the starter sticking... and... HER 2ND oil change and 1st tire roatation....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Drive it down to my Saturn dealer. The service has been nothing but outstanding. I am talking about service on my SC2 which has 257,000 miles on it. I am so confident in thier work I thinking about having them put a new engine and transmission in the car and then giving it to my son. The car is still in really nice shape but does burn oil but hey after 250,000 miles it desereves to have a little leak now and then.

The people in service also know me by my name. :thumbs:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Me Too

SkyMan 07 said:
I am sorry you have a rough time with your service department. I guess in a big town such as that they have so many customers they don;t have the time for personal service like my dealership does... everyone there knows me and my wife by name, and are bending over backwards for anything we need...
In fact i am taking mine in today to leave it to get a dent out where someone opened their door into the rear fender, and i don;t have a clue when it could have happened because i always try to park it away from everyone else on in a end spot, I have never come out and someone was parked that close to me either...
I took my car in to the dealer for the "tear" in the door panel. Started with a small bubble then a tiny tear. They are ordering the new panel for me, but when I picked her up there was a tiny dent on the driver side door!! The tech admited it must have been done while servicing my car. He checked my car when I brought it in and there were NO dents!! So, now when my parts come in they promised to fix the dent. Sigh.... :confused:
Terry

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
nscrbug said:
Well...my hubby took my Sky in this morning to our dealer's service department to have the 'window not rolling up properly' issue corrected...and his first impression of the service department was not good. He said that if he had to 'rate' them...he'd give them a "D". :eek: Our appointment was scheduled for 9am..and he got there right at 9...nobody was there...no service manager, no techs, no porters...NOBODY!!! :confused: He was not pleased, to say the least. When somebody did finally show up, he was told that they only have 1 porter on duty and he would not be able to be given a ride home. Excuse me?!?! When I made the appointment last week, I specifically said that he would need a ride back home and was told "no problem". After much debate, they finally agreed to give him a loaner car...but then tell him that the loaner needs to be back at the dealership by 8pm tonight...yet they did not guarantee that my Sky would be ready by then. So let me get this straight...they want us to drop off their loaner car by 8pm this evening, even though they're not sure if I'll be able to drive my own car back home?!?! Ummmmm....I don't think so! :mad: Then my hubby was told that there was a 'recall' issue that would also be taken care of...the vent hose for the auto tranny. Hmm...I distinctly remember asking when I took delivery of the car, if the vent hose had been replaced as my VIN# falls within the range of cars that were experiencing the contaminated auto trannys. I was told that "it's already been taken care of"...okay, if that was true...then why are they replacing it again?!?!? :confused:

I sure hope that this first experience with Saturn service is not an indication of what I have to look forward to in the future. :nono:
Like night and day.
At my dealer -- the last few (and the only SKY visit) service calls I stayed there while they worked (oil changes). I have, in the past though, gotten rides or had the car picked up and returned when serviced. This is what I expect. It's funny in that both of our Stores are owned by the same guys...
Oh BTW the oil change on the SKY was funny in that this was the first service on a SKY and they all kinda watched and learned as the trainer (Sky trained tech?) showed them how to do it...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
RMFNSKY said:
Drive it down to my Saturn dealer. The service has been nothing but outstanding. I am talking about service on my SC2 which has 257,000 miles on it. I am so confident in thier work I thinking about having them put a new engine and transmission in the car and then giving it to my son. The car is still in really nice shape but does burn oil but hey after 250,000 miles it desereves to have a little leak now and then.

The people in service also know me by my name. :thumbs:
Get a factory short block dropped shipped to the dealership. Costs about as much as a rebuilt but is usually a new assembly...Skip....:cool:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just spoke with the dealer on the phone...they are keeping my car for another day. :willy: They are having a Saturn engineer come in to the shop tomorrow morning to have a look at it...apparently they are not sure what needs to be done to fix my 'window not rolling up properly' problem. They also discovered that it is happening on both windows, not just the passenger side as I had originally thought. They roadtested the car (with the top down) and also heard some squeaking from the trunk area...they seem to think that it's all related in some way to the top not being aligned properly or something being slightly out of whack with the top. Gosh, I sure hope they can figure out what to do with it. :confused:

·
Registered
450 Posts
my Sky was dented and scratched while on the transporter.....urrgghh...I have to hand her over for 3 days!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Karen said:
my Sky was dented and scratched while on the transporter.....urrgghh...I have to hand her over for 3 days!

Oh man, Karen...that sucks! I can relate though, as mine was also being treated today for a nasty paint chip in the door and a 2-inch long scratch on the rear quarter panel...both of which were there when I took delivery of the car. :banghead:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ernest said:
Service department not open at 9 a.m.? My service dept. opens daily at 7 a.m., with Service Advisors and techs there ready to go.

Yep...you read that correctly, sir. My husband was there at 9am and had to wait for somebody to show up. I guess the service department of my dealer has "banker's hours"...must be nice. :rolleyes: Just goes to show that not ALL Saturn dealerships have stellar service departments. Maybe I should move to Texas. :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
RMFNSKY said:
That's what they are going to qoute me a new Engine not a rebuild.
That engine will probably outlast the suspension.....Skip...:lol: :lol: ..Plus warrenty starts all over on the block....

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
nscrbug said:
Yep...you read that correctly, sir. My husband was there at 9am and had to wait for somebody to show up. I guess the service department of my dealer has "banker's hours"...must be nice. :rolleyes: Just goes to show that not ALL Saturn dealerships have stellar service departments. Maybe I should move to Texas. :lol:
We would welcome you to Alabama in a heartbeat...Skip......:D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
nscrbug said:
Ours too is open at 7am to 5pm... and the Advisors *all 3* usually don't leave until 5:30.

Not only does my retailer have loaners... and porters/car washers to drive customers... but if the porters are tied up, one of the sales people drive us.

We would welcome you in New York too!!!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
At Tinley the service hours are 7:30 am to 8:00 pm every night except Fri and Sat. I have never had problems with their work nor their workmanship. I have decided to tell them NOT to wash my SKY when I bring it in for service as they left too many spots!:nono:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts