Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This car is awesome. It seems to be intune with my thoughts. I'm so glad I got the automatic. My first Sky was manual and a constant chore in stop and go city traffic, but i thought it was a great car until I got the Redline. the power the handling is very impressive. You get sucked back in the seat on acceleration. The Bluestone is so unique a color i get a load more of gawkers than my impressive Midnight Blue Sky. Just one weekend and I have corvettes rolling up telling me I have a incredible car. A loud rumbling Mustang a guy and his girlfriend in it I pass him he hits the gas hard then hits the brake. At the stoplight he rolls down the window and asks if he can take a look at it. We stop at a gas station he gets out looks it over his girlfriend goes for drinks. He says when he hit the gas then the brake is when he saw the turbo on the back of bumper, he said he didn't want to be embarrassed in front of his girlfriend. I just laughed this little car is a intimidator. Lol I just love everything about it for the money this is by far the best value for the buck. If your waiting for one it is worth the wait, I can see why some dealers are charging overlist this car is just incredible. GM and Saturn you hit this one out of the ballpark, Homerun all the way.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Any PICS Please

Haven't been online in a few days...Did you get any PICs of your new babe? Would love to see some day and nite pic's.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts

......................................Please..................................

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great to hear you like the redline, we also ordered the bluestone, it was tough looking at the paint chips to determine what the true color would be.The midnight blue Sky in the showroom was nice too,but with a black roadster in the garage already upkeep on dark colored car is work.
Tout

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tout you are right

My Midnight blue Sky was a chore to keep clean, I went out saturday night to meet up with some Solsti's(multiple Soltice). The pavement was wet if i would have had My Midnight Blue Sky it would have been a mess. The Bluestone looked clean the whole night. Great people those Solstice people, had a good time. i will get more pics posted soon just very busy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Awesome. It would be great if you had some day time pics though. That showroom is so dark.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Would love to see some pics in the sunlight. That bluestone looks different in every picture that I see.

·
Registered
194 Posts
My Midnight blue Sky was a chore to keep clean, I went out saturday night to meet up with some Solsti's(multiple Soltice). The pavement was wet if i would have had My Midnight Blue Sky it would have been a mess. The Bluestone looked clean the whole night. Great people those Solstice people, had a good time. i will get more pics posted soon just very busy.
Looks like you're letting your Bluestone fence sitters down here.. I say, you put aside what has you busy, and "get about" those pics! :D :willy:

Looks like I'l be in the Downer's area for Christmas with family.. (Lombard) I know the RL will long be covered up by then.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am a commercial printer

Bluestone on digital cameras look flat and the lighting does change the look the Saturn print brochure is the closest colormatch I've seen. This color is awesome in person everyone who sees it says they have never seen something like it. Please everyone who thinks it is ugly in pics keep your opinion of color. I want it a rare bird among rare birds. I will post more pics tonight but got to drive bringing flowers to Salesperson, pizza for the dealership as a thank you for there great service now.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
This car is awesome. It seems to be intune with my thoughts. I'm so glad I got the automatic. My first Sky was manual and a constant chore in stop and go city traffic, but i thought it was a great car until I got the Redline.
Congrats!!! I keep telling everybody the automatics are great and that it ROCKs YA!!, but, alas, these young guys and all the manual dudes & dudettes like to keep there legs moving ya know--:lol: Thats ok, nobody excepted my challege on another thread to a race auto vs manual, they might be young, but they ain't stupid either :D GREAT choice on color BTW. I currently have a MB and love it, yea its a pain to keep clean, but this car gets the same baths as my other cars, 2 times a month if I feel like it. I am not a "clean freak" if you will, so she will get bathed, when I feel like bathing her--hehehe:lol: :lol:
Besides, little dirt here n there won't hurt--:thumbs:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Bluestone on digital cameras look flat and the lighting does change the look the Saturn print brochure is the closest colormatch I've seen. This color is awesome in person everyone who sees it says they have never seen something like it. Please everyone who thinks it is ugly in pics keep your opinion of color. I want it a rare bird among rare birds. I will post more pics tonight but got to drive bringing flowers to Salesperson, pizza for the dealership as a thank you for there great service now.
Same here.. I want something "different" too. Thanks for the additional comments. I'm pretty sure I'll be making that call back to the dealer.. :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Senior Member
635 Posts
Looks fantastic. Had originally ordered Bluestone off the chip in the dealership, then saw some pics posted on the forum and ran out to change my order under the impression that the bluestone ought to come standard with a gay pride bumper sticker. Then your pics come along and make me doubt my decision. Ah well, just gives me more excuse to go out and rub wet, slippery stuff on my baby more often.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No adjustable seat

My car will be in Downers for Christmas just go to the Dealership end of November it will be on the Showroom floor roped off. I don't have to store it and it builds traffic for them by having one on the lot plus I make a couple of bucks. just got back from there bought pizza and cards for the dealer staff great Dealer great people.

·
Registered
450 Posts
just my opinion...I'm still not liking the bluestone color...sorry

Congrats tho from North Miami Beach :)

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts
CONGRATS!!...Glad your having a fun!!!...I'd love to see pics in the daylight:)
:) ....She does look goregous!!:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts