Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
are you trying to post in this thread?

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1091

i personally think there's going to be black, white, silver, red, orange and perhaps blue, yellow or green.

who know's though. i mean i can't see why they'd offer all these on the cobalt and corvette and not on the next new GM "sports car".

thoughts?

k

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think the sky colors will be silver nickel, storm grey, black onyx, polar white, Berry red..... Those are some of the colors of other saturn cars so I'm sure they will probably offer same colors. :smile

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I want orange, a nice bright orange. :D
Personally I'm betting the Sky will have the same colors that the Solstice has that the rest of the Saturn line has. Possibly adding one new color, yellow.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Make my Sky a nice midnight blue! I think it'd look great with all the brightwork & chrome detailing on the car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
brentil said:
Personally I'm betting the Sky will have the same colors that the Solstice has that the rest of the Saturn line has. Possibly adding one new color, yellow.

i really do think that they'll offer both the sky and solstice in that orange (sunburst metallic) that the cobalt and corvette come in. they seem to be pushing it a lot...

but that's just me.

·
Registered
727 Posts
brentil said:
Having common colors makes the most sense since they will be sharing the same paint shop in Deleware. That shop is probably limited to the number of colors it can spray, which would likely mean that the two cars would have to at least share most colors.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Having common colors makes the most sense since they will be sharing the same paint shop in Deleware. That shop is probably limited to the number of colors it can spray, which would likely mean that the two cars would have to at least share most colors.
I think it'd just make too much sense to have different colour palettes for the two cars (or share some colours but have a few that you can get on the Sol but not the Sky, and vice versa)... the Solstice-specific colours of the more bright/vibrant variety (yellow, orange, medium blue?), and the Sky with more subdued/mature/sophisticated colours (e.g. red wine, metallic grey-green, etc.). Their styling and market placement sort of suggest this. Or so I'd hope. GM seems to have made so many decisions in favour of appearance... don't see why they'd stop at the paint. At least this is the way *I* would run things... :D

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Rondosa said:
i really do think that they'll offer both the sky and solstice in that orange (sunburst metallic) that the cobalt and corvette come in. they seem to be pushing it a lot...

but that's just me.
Unfortunately I'm not very impressed with the burnt metallic orange color they use. I want the orange that was on the employee Woodward Cruise GTO they showed. Galaxy Orange I believe.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Too bad it's not über low volume like the Noble GT. They let you choose literally any color you want to have the car painted. Unfortunately that doesn't work with the Solstice/Sky/Euro quantity they're making. Kinda wish they offered the color variety the Elise has. Red and Yellow are standard paint, then you have 9 different metallic paints at $559, and then there are the "Lifestyle Paints" at $1,200. The Lifestyle Paints include such lovely colors as Chrome Orange, Graphite Gray, and Krypton Green. Gotta love the Chrome Orange, oh so tasty. Yeah I wouldn't want to pay that much for a paint option, but damn I love that color.

Just went and looked it up, Porsche offers 4 base colors, 9 metallic, and 4 special colors. There colors cost either $875 for the metallics, except for Dark Olive Metallic, it costs $3070 like the rest of the 'Special Colors.'

But these are two much higher cost cars, I don't actually expect GM to offer that many colors with Pontiac or Sky unfortunately.

·
Registered
432 Posts
brentil said:
Too bad it's not über low volume like the Noble GT. They let you choose literally any color you want to have the car painted. Unfortunately that doesn't work with the Solstice/Sky/Euro quantity they're making. Kinda wish they offered the color variety the Elise has. Red and Yellow are standard paint, then you have 9 different metallic paints at $559, and then there are the "Lifestyle Paints" at $1,200. The Lifestyle Paints include such lovely colors as Chrome Orange, Graphite Gray, and Krypton Green. Gotta love the Chrome Orange, oh so tasty. Yeah I wouldn't want to pay that much for a paint option, but damn I love that color.
But still way below $30K with that option plus FI.

·
Registered
46 Posts
ho2go said:
I think it'd just make too much sense to have different colour palettes for the two cars (or share some colours but have a few that you can get on the Sol but not the Sky, and vice versa)... the Solstice-specific colours of the more bright/vibrant variety (yellow, orange, medium blue?), and the Sky with more subdued/mature/sophisticated colours (e.g. red wine, metallic grey-green, etc.). Their styling and market placement sort of suggest this. Or so I'd hope. GM seems to have made so many decisions in favour of appearance... don't see why they'd stop at the paint. At least this is the way *I* would run things... :D
really? to me styling-wise, the solstice seems like more of a classic car that would be painted in the more subdued colours that you listed there, whereas the sky is more wild and edgy looking, which would carry brighter colours better(yellow, blue, orange etc). i know positioning wise the Sky is more up-level, but that doesn't have to mean 'quieter' colours. look at the M3 and S4. the crazy bright and odd colours are only available on them and not on the A4 and 3 series.

oh well...we'll see soon enough.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Rondosa said:
really? to me styling-wise, the solstice seems like more of a classic car that would be painted in the more subdued colours that you listed there, whereas the sky is more wild and edgy looking, which would carry brighter colours better(yellow, blue, orange etc). i know positioning wise the Sky is more up-level, but that doesn't have to mean 'quieter' colours. look at the M3 and S4. the crazy bright and odd colours are only available on them and not on the A4 and 3 series.

oh well...we'll see soon enough.
You make a good point, Rondosa. I guess let's just say that hopefully both cars have a broad selection of colours to satisfy everyone's tastes!

·
Registered
727 Posts
ho2go said:

Again, I think its probably a compromise of the paint shop. Say the paint shop is capable of spraying 8 different colors. You could have each car available in all 8 colors, or split them up. Have each share 6 colors, and have one unique (totalling 8) or have 4 shared colors and 2 unique each (again totalling 8). The down side is the more specific colors you get, the fewer total colors are available. You start at a wide color choice of 8 colors, and by having 2 car specific colors you have already limited the car to only 6 specific colors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NINE Colors

I went to Huston to see the Sky and Aura and they were both out of this world
There will be nine colors, black, 2 silvers,red not sure which red yet,pearl white,2 blues,green,maybe yellow
on the inside black and red, black and tan, black and black cloth.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think the SKY is the kinda roadster which can wear just about any color, and I hope they don't restrict the choice to the usual suspects.
I also hope that they offer a number of soft top colors (including a darker blue)..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts