Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Saturn sky base manual.
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I bought the correct cable clips to hold the cables to the flaps. The problem is the one on the right side is so tight that it’s always in the up position. If you push it down it comes right back up. Well the trunk won’t close if it’s up. The left side operates properly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. So I have an update. I found that the cable was rusted through and I pulled it out. How hard is it to replace this cable. And is the cable available to be bought. I found the cable on eBay. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I bought the correct cable clips to hold the cables. The problem is the one on the right side is so tight that it’s always in the up position. If you push it down it comes right back up. Well the trunk won’t close if it’s up. The left side operates properly. Amy advice would be greatly appreciated. Also on a separate note when I push the fog light button nothing happens. But sometimes it does and the little green light lights up in the cluster. Thanks.
The middle connection bracket on the cable has obviously been bent away from it's correct location. Bend it back towards the flap until it operates correctly.

:done:

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Good advice has been given from Daveoc01 & sahein.

Your problem is most likely caused from the cable mounting bracket being bent. It is easily adjusted with a good pair of pliers.

The second most likely cause would be a binding cable. Water can get inside the cable jacket, then rust prevents free motion.

·
Registered
2007 Saturn sky base manual.
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good advice has been given from Daveoc01 & sahein.

Your problem is most likely caused from the cable mounting bracket being bent. It is easily adjusted with a good pair of pliers.

The second most likely cause would be a binding cable. Water can get inside the cable jacket, then rust prevents free motion.
Ok thanks. The cable does move so I don’t think it’s rusted. I’ll inspect the other bracket and see if the other matches.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Rust can start out as a gentle resistance so don't rule it out without first checking for "cable movement resistance". It's always a good idea to spray a lubricant inside the cable jacket to prevent rust. Doing so can often overcome gentile resistance from early rust stages as well as stopping early rust from getting worse.

But adjusting that cable bracket is so easy, certainly step #1.

Reactions: Ceeray

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I bought the correct cable clips to hold the cables to the flaps. The problem is the one on the right side is so tight that it’s always in the up position. If you push it down it comes right back up. Well the trunk won’t close if it’s up. The left side operates properly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. So I have an update. I found that the cable was rusted through and I pulled it out. How hard is it to replace this cable. And is the cable available to be bought. I found the cable on eBay. Thanks everyone.
Where did you buy and what is the part called? Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts