Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well heres my story, Dont judge me:nopity: I ordered my redline in the end of may and was given an order number in the begining of june. I sat patiently like most of you have and read the forums daily. Well I called for an update in aug, low and behold I had moved from number 2 on the list to number 3. :brentil: Ok ok no biggie must have been someone the dealer forgot about. Ok so sept rolls along ok ill call again. number 1 was built and you have a tpw of the 1st week of oct. :D Then I get the feeling how could my dealer have 3 allocations and others none? I do some digging well number 2 on my dealers list placed their order 20 days after me.... and with the same salesperson!!!! :mad: so now im po'd I call and demand a event code print out looky here status 1102 :banghead: am I wrong to assume there is no way I could have a tpw at status 1102. the guy who is in front of me is at code 3000. i called the dealer and was told due to a hold my tpw moved to 10/16 ok that makes sence because of the turbo issues but y is my event code 1102??? I think something very fishy is going on here. The person behind me was told they expect a build in nov. Why is it always me??

So now im fed up I actually went out and looked at the s2000 and gto. Ive been reading other car forums. I feel so dirty. The frusteration makes me want to give up on the sky and just pick up a used s2k for 20k and through a comptech supercharger on it. I am a young guy at only 24 and feel like people feel they can walk all over me because of it. What would you do??????
:rant:

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
I will gladly defer to deluke or sky spy, but my take on your predicament is that you are getting fed a line by your dealer.

Status Code 1102 is preliminary order added thru web, my understanding is that you do not even get price protected until status "2000 order accepted by GM"

For the person right behind you getting a car built first, that might be understandable if they ordered anauto and you ordered a manul.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im pretty sure he ordered a 5spd as well but your right ill look into that.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Status Code 1102 is preliminary order added thru web, my understanding is that you do not even get price protected until status "2000 order accepted by GM"
I believe that deluke said that as long as you have a preliminary order number, you are okay. Even if it is just 1100 - you actually have an order that has been submitted.

2000 is when you recieve an image... you are price protected prior to that step.

(btw, 2030 is not really a step after 2000... 2030 just means that someone at GM looked at your order - not that they accepted it - don't let the numbers fool you! - see the dates of my event codes...)

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
There is no such a thing as having a TPW when your "image" has NOT been picked-up yet... :nono: Your order still sits at the "preliminary" stage like many of us. You ARE price protected if it was entered BEFORE the price changed.

Either your dealer/salesperson don't know what they are doing or they are misleading you on purpose. I tend to believe is the former and not the latter. I would schedule a "talk" with the General Sales Manager or the General Manager A.S.A.P. so you can get the true information... :eek:

Regards,

BA...

·
Registered
223 Posts
I would guess #2 had an automatic, and that's why they moved ahead of you (is that someone on the board?), and I'm about 95% sure I won't have a car in Nov. I am beginning to wonder about the dealership though...with Eye on Sky still not having his car, and yours at 1102 and given a TPW.

But with snow already falling in the west and having to already turn my heat on, I don't want the car...just causes more of a headache for me getting it this winter.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You definitely have issues with your dealer......but don't take it out on your SKY!!! No "on the side" with an S2000 or GTO.......it's just not right!! I don't want to hear ANYMORE about that!

·
Registered
304 Posts
A TPW of first week of October will be a code of at least 3100 (in Chevy lingo) at which point absolutely no changes can be made, all parts are ordered and the car will be built as spec'd. Regardless of the numbers, if it was not entered as a SOLD unit it is not price protected.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Im pretty sure he ordered a 5spd as well but your right ill look into that.
For the record...mine is an auto and back around the vacation period in July there were constraints on the manuals...to everyone else I mention this because I seem to be the one that jumped in front of 5th.

The reason this dealer has 3 allocations is they actually have six Saturn Dealerships and a very high rating in the Chicago Metro for customer satisfaction.

I can tell you there were no games going on...I placed my order and have only been in touch with the dealer three times since.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well here's my newest dilema. According to delukes latest post and updates my order is at code 0000 order cancelled. Wtf maybe whoever checked it for me yesterday erased it?? So now I have no order number and am not price protected. I am furious. If this was an accident then how would I go about making sure I'm price protected?? As of yesterday I was @ status 1102..... This is driving me nuts I am losing my mind. This just moves me 1 step closer to buying a different car. This is more hassle then its worth. I went from being one of the 1st 50 or 100 forum members that had an order number to being the 1st person to lose 1.....

·
Registered
421 Posts
Let's not jump to conclusions....

Just a note to all my friends who are reading this thread. This is a very good, fair and upfront dealership. Let's not start dealer bashing just yet.

5Th, Wayne is the Owner of this dealer and four other Saturn dealerships around Chicago. Talk to him. He will clear this up and do right by you. Bank on it.

Our salesperson is not up on the order process or the event codes. She is however, very good at getting back to you which is more than I can say for salespeople and sales managers from the other Six Chicago dealers I've worked with trying to get a Sky, any Sky, let alone a Redline.

Just got off the phone with EyeonSky. His car is at the dealership. He is picking it up on Saturday. His issues with the railyard and truck carrier are not reflective of the dealer. I've heard similar stories on this forum over the last several months.

Lastly, you are entitled to your opinon and I respect that. If you want to believe you are being screwed, probably nothing I or anyone can say will really convince you otherwise. None of us, no better make that few of us, have had a perfect order process.

Hopefully with the '08 Model Saturn will smooth out the order process as well (not holding my breath). I can tell everyone who is waiting - be it Redline or Base Model - driving a Sky is an experience that is not to be believed and well worth the wait.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Red Line Delay

I ordered and put a deposit on a silver pearl, red/black interior, black top, CD/MP3 player on 4/11/06. I was told then that the earliest delivery would be in Sept. or Oct...Madison, WI :eek: . I was called in Aug. and told that I could have an RL in Sept if I wanted an automatic. I said no and that I would wait for the manual. I called the new car manager today (9/21) to get an update. Here is the story I got from this manager. Believe what you want. Their dealership got an allocation of 3 RL's for September all automatics. The story he said he got from Saturn is as follows. In production planning they projected 45% orders for manuals and 55% for automatics - the same production planning which held pretty true for the regular Sky. However, so far the orders for the RL's have been between 90-95% for manuals. They were unprepared for that demand when ordering trans from their supplier. Hence the delay for manuals. IMO seems like someone at Saturn didn't do any basic market research on the RL before committing to trans supplier. The dealer is a sub-dealer through a corporation that sells, Buicks, Porche, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Toyota, and Saturn. This is the 8th car I have ordered through them from Buicks, and Mercedes to BMW's and now the Saturn Sky RL. I trust them and the salesman I have worked with through on all these cars so do lend some credence to the explanation I got...does make sense...but doesn't help with the frustration of waiting and getting run-a-round stories. I am #1 on the list for the 1st manual...hope the Oct allocation includes one....:thumbs:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not saying downers grove is a bad dealer I also dealt w/ a bunch of chicago dealers and they were by far the best I dealt with. What I'm saying is I feel like I'm being mislead. I called my salesperson before I found out I was at status 0000 and she said that the tpw was a guess. Makes me wonder why they would call me and leave a message saying your car is being built the 1st week of october if it was just a guess. You're right I just need to call and talk to the gm myself.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
I'm not saying downers grove is a bad dealer I also dealt w/ a bunch of chicago dealers and they were by far the best I dealt with. What I'm saying is I feel like I'm being mislead. I called my salesperson before I found out I was at status 0000 and she said that the tpw was a guess. Makes me wonder why they would call me and leave a message saying your car is being built the 1st week of october if it was just a guess. You're right I just need to call and talk to the gm myself.
This post is correct, the only reliable information you will get will be from the general manager, while the salepeople I have met so far at various dealers are very nice and are eager to be helpful, they have no experience like the GM with the order process. Your best bet is to contact the gm or sales manger and have them print out a order history for you, this will list all the status codes in the order they occurred. :thumbs:

Also note if your status code is less than 2000 discuss your options with the dealer to be price protected, since price protection does not happen before then.

·
Registered
745 Posts
5th call Wayne

Call Wayne the owner and talk to him. I will be picking up my redline about 7:30 tommorrow. If you want to stop by I'll talk to them for you. These guys are the best in the Chicagoland area for service, your not going to find a better managed dealer. If there was a mix-up I'm sure Wayne will fix it for you. He has been super with me throughout the process, and he is a straight shooter. Get your info from him or Mike the GM the salespeople don't have access to order status and may assume things. Go to the top there great people.

·
Registered
8 Posts
mike (still the impatient)

:confused: As I have shared with you before, I only asked that the dealership that I ordered from, be honest with me. After my salesman quit, I was not notified until I called wanting to know the status of my Sky. In addition to him, I have talked with the ordering manager, sales manager, and the general manager. No one can give me any time limit even though I ordered it back in May. I also ordered a manual and if there was a problem in production, why wasn't I told? If they are fixing problems on the Sky before they are delivered, i.e. differential problems, water leakage or whatever, I'm sure the general manager gets service bulletins from GM, why won't he tell me? I am supposed to call back tomorrow (weekly calls) since I was #4 on the "great ordering list in the sky", for who knows how long now? I have never been kept in the dark over a car before , like it's their cars and we have to earn the right to acquire one. Maybe it's just a few dealerships like this, but this is what gives American made products a bad name. I just want answers and am afraid to go up to the district or regional reps: I may never get my ordered then!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
:thumbs: :agree: [/SIZE

The person assigned to a customer as their sells person should be more than a order taker. And basically that appears to be the beginning and end of their job. Greet you, explain some features, test drive with you and take a order ... that is it.
It does not appear that it is anyones responsibility to contact the customer with updates like the service department does.

I would think that it would be the job of 'your' sells person. Track his sales and keep his customer informed.

As we all have said ... waiting is not bad if at least someone would contact you as to what is going on. Tell us it is a manual vs. auto transmission delay , water, or whatever ... just call and tell us .

My signature tells much ... I still have no order number but after walking in the last four times , have been told by the sale manger that now I am #1.

Nice folks at Saturn, but if I can make a suggestion ... all dealerships need to assign a person to track codes and call or email customers with status. Especially if orders delays are over thirty days.
:thumbs:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I must be upset because I'm coming off all wrong. I'm not mad at downers grove. I have been treated with mostly respect and professionalism. I'd also rather pay msrp then pay what the other chicago dealers are asking. I'm just frusterated, I would be content with waiting and calling every thursday to see if they got any allocations. But to build up my hopes and say good news my manager says your car will be built the 1st week of october... That's just cruel. Scott ( eye on sky) if you would be kind enough to get some facts for me that would be great if not I will talk to wayne tommorow. I would love to stop out but unfortunately I work 330am to 830 pm today and 440 to 300 tommorow. Trust me I'd love to see ur beautiful redline in person but I guess ill have to wait for a meet. I'm sorry everybody I was a little heated last night. Hopefully this will all get worked out and we will all have our redlines soon. Ps scott it might rain tonight and if u get caught in it your car would be almost worthless so be carefull...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
:thumbs: :agree: [/SIZE

The person assigned to a customer as their sells person should be more than a order taker. And basically that appears to be the beginning and end of their job. Greet you, explain some features, test drive with you and take a order ... that is it.
It does not appear that it is anyones responsibility to contact the customer with updates like the service department does.

I would think that it would be the job of 'your' sells person. Track his sales and keep his customer informed.

As we all have said ... waiting is not bad if at least someone would contact you as to what is going on. Tell us it is a manual vs. auto transmission delay , water, or whatever ... just call and tell us .

My signature tells much ... I still have no order number but after walking in the last four times , have been told by the sale manger that now I am #1.

Nice folks at Saturn, but if I can make a suggestion ... all dealerships need to assign a person to track codes and call or email customers with status. Especially if orders delays are over thirty days.
:thumbs:

The Downers Grove Store is part of the same group as the one I bought from (Tinley Park). I think in all 6 stores they have one person who tracks and "deals" with the SKY. They decided it was just easier.
I had bought 3 Saturns from the same guy and when I laid the deposit for Sunni down, he introduced me to Craig (GM of the store). After that - while Joe would always greet me and chat a bit - when it came to my SKY -- off to Craig we went.
To me that just seemed to be the right way to do it. Importantly, it told me that they recognized that the SKY would be a sought after and worried over car. That tracking and reporting on it would take valuable sales time away from the Sales Reps. The fact that the GM stepped up and took over just work so well...

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'm in a similar boat to the original poster as far as having some fishy things happen at my dealer...at one point I was told I would be the next one imaged...then I was told that, "it should be soon since I'm the second one on the list"...:brentil: I almost blew a fuse at that one. Anyway, I'm starting to smell a conspiracy...I think GM didn't realize how hot the RL would be and are now postponing 'til the next model year so that they can up the price on it. That's my fear anyway...if that happens I guess I'll just wait 'til I'm middle aged to get a dream car.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts