Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys need some help. I'm trying to figure out what this bonding material on the floor pan (near the frame rails) is called. Im looking to get some of it for my sky as some of it is gone from running over something on the freeway.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems like its probably a glue but I'm not to sure, it seems fairly pliable and soft. I'm still hunting for answers.

Sent from my Z6530V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 Saturn Sky Redline
71 Posts
Hey guys need some help. I'm trying to figure out what this bonding material on the floor pan (near the frame rails) is called. Im looking to get some of it for my sky as some of it is gone from running over something on the freeway. View attachment 115569
It's called seam sealer. There are all kinds of it available. I've only used it once when welding a new floor panel into an old car and I just used what was in stock at my buddy's auto body shop. Someone else here may have recommendations or preferences regarding brands.
Amazon.com : auto body seam sealer
seam sealer - YouTube

·
Registered
638 Posts
I used to know it as "body caulk" in the body shop world...but I know that's not the technical name.

·
Super Moderator
6,653 Posts
Thank you guys for the help. I assume it's applied with a caulk gun?

Sent from my Z6530V using Tapatalk
That depends on how you buy it. It is available in tubes, caulk gun cartridges, and pails.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts