Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend I was visiting family in Melbourne FL and came across this add in the Florida Today. It's an add referencing the space shuttle Discovery launch which should happen today. enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to mention it was a FULL page add.. based on the timing and the full page add - it appears GM is really putting the sky out there marketing it big time!

I have a strong feeling the Sky will be a hit with the public and help remove some tarnish build up on the GM emblem..

·
Registered
250 Posts
Although I love the sky, I think that add is in poor taste.. a classy advertisement would have just cheered on the team. and in subtle letters at the bottom discussed the sky. Blatant use of an american icon such as the shuttle irks me.

Having work with air force personel @ kennedy it also strikes a personal note.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hey Hey Hey

Hey guys,
I just hope they have AWESOME tv commercials showing design and speed of the SKY, No More Saturn Clown Ad's, that totally cheapens a car brand. I recommend something like with a cool lead guy driving and hot chicks gathering around, similar to like a Bond theme. Mabey even Use the V8 Sky conversion in a Bond Movie. :willy:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will be moving to Waterford Lakes area (20 min east of Orlando) in mid Aug. Any of you doing the V8 conversion?? I need to see it - then buy one!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm not sure if GM should identify too closely with the launch delayed Shuttle.
Or maybe they're trying to tell us something.. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
SkyHawk said:
I'm not sure if GM should identify too closely with the launch delayed Shuttle.
Or maybe they're trying to tell us something.. :rolleyes:
This is not a GM add, it's a local Saturn dealership in Melbourne. GM is in no way related with this add, and more then likeyl doesn't even know it exists.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm in Kissimmee!

·
Registered
411 Posts
CFSC - I'm In

sky_vue said:
Avalon Park

this has the makings of the CFSC (central florida sky club)
Kool to see more people in Central Florida that are Probably getting a Sky. I got my Ion Quad coupe from the people at Saturn of Orlando on OBT, near the Florida Mall area. Their awesome. When I go for my free car wash every Saturday, they always say hey and know my name, they have BBQ's every Saturday too, hosted by Chef Willy. If it's not a BBQ day, they always Hook me up with food somehow. I'm getting my Sky personally from them. They always take care of me. :cheers: Florida in Da Hizzouse!!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
sky_vue said:
Avalon Park

this has the makings of the CFSC (central florida sky club)
geerhed said:
I will be moving to Waterford Lakes area (20 min east of Orlando) in mid Aug. Any of you doing the V8 conversion?? I need to see it - then buy one!
Avalon Park is part of Waterford Lakes. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts