Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealership did a "mandatory" add on of the wind screen so lovingly dubbed the "flyswatter" and it wasn't my own choice. Now I would like to know if there is a tasteful method for replacing this with a real one. Has anyone seen a replacement screen that utilizes the same insert holes as the bug catcher does?

·
Registered
410 Posts
If you did not order this, what gives them the right to but it on!!:confused: I would give it back to them and wait in the office for my 300.00 refund.

·
Super Moderator
6,765 Posts
The dealer can do it because they have a car that you really want, and the reason they do it is it gives them a way to increase profits without just adding a premium to the sale price. Saturn gets annoyed with a dealer that does not sell for MSRP.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
The dealer can do it because they have a car that you really want, and the reason they do it is it gives them a way to increase profits without just adding a premium to the sale price. Saturn gets annoyed with a dealer that does not sell for MSRP.
Also -- you still would have two holes in your SKY.... (The factory one is mounted in two chrome escutcheons)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rick and Ernest both,
Thanks for the info. I dd not know there were already holes drilled and I also will look forward to the aftermarket version.
Your photos at the Texas Motor Speedway were spectacular by the way.
John

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
The dealership did a "mandatory" add on of the wind screen so lovingly dubbed the "flyswatter" and it wasn't my own choice. Now I would like to know if there is a tasteful method for replacing this with a real one. Has anyone seen a replacement screen that utilizes the same insert holes as the bug catcher does?
Check out the recent Texas Motor Speedway posts and you can see many examples of Robert's excellent quality and designs on many different owners’ SKYs. :thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
6,765 Posts
The screen fkeillor linked to is a nice looking re-fit, but I am a bit concerned about the strength of the lexan/bracket connection. Has this car been driven much since this picture was taken ? And what condition is the lexan in now ? I really like the way it looks, but it may need just a little bit more framework.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
The screen fkeillor linked to is a nice looking re-fit, but I am a bit concerned about the strength of the lexan/bracket connection. Has this car been driven much since this picture was taken ? And what condition is the lexan in now ? I really like the way it looks, but it may need just a little bit more framework.
I have driven Missy about 3000 miles with the "Freedom is not Free" screen in with Zero issues. I leave it installed even with the top up because Robert gives you 4 little rubber bumbers to put on your window to keep it from rubbing. Just my humble opinion but it can't be beat. :thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
6,765 Posts
There haven't really been any concerns with Robert's wind deflectors, or any that mount from inside the trunk. The issue is finding a good one that will mount to the OEM bracket holes.

Maybe the answer is some sort of cute "thing" to cover the holes after addition of one of the "better" deflectors. Flying Lady Hood Ornaments anyone ???

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
There haven't really been any concerns with Robert's wind deflectors, or any that mount from inside the trunk. The issue is finding a good one that will mount to the OEM bracket holes.

Maybe the answer is some sort of cute "thing" to cover the holes after addition of one of the "better" deflectors. Flying Lady Hood Ornaments anyone ???
Maybe a nice chrome bar, sort of but not quite like a roll bar. It would be decrative only but could run the width of the car behind the seat with the dual horse shoes one behind each seat. :thumbs: Just a starting off point idea. Might be something for one of our SUPPORTING VENDORS to look into. :D

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts