·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Thanks, Linda. Great idea.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Explain Please?

I ran across this on the Sol forum...sounds like this just might be the ticket to keeping those pesky foam cubes in place. I'm going to pick some of these 'pins' up this week.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21580
Sorry nscrbug, but I think I missed the entire thread with the "problem." Can you explain what the "solution" is for? Does it have anything to do with the gooey stuff that gets on the ragtop due to some black cover thingy falling off? :willy: I'm lost here.
Theresa

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry nscrbug, but I think I missed the entire thread with the "problem." Can you explain what the "solution" is for? Does it have anything to do with the gooey stuff that gets on the ragtop due to some black cover thingy falling off? :willy: I'm lost here.
Theresa
No Theresa...this is for the little black foam cubes that are inside the 'drain pocket' on the convertible top. Lots of Sky and Sol owners have been complaining that the foam cubes, which are stuck on with a cheap adhesive, have been falling off and moving around...sometimes getting stuck inside the drain tube and blocking it from draining rain water out. These 'pins' would keep the foam cubes in place securely. The gooey stuff you are referring to, has to do with different foam blocks located on the trunk lid...and they too, have been sliding and moving around on some people causing black marks to appear on the ragtop...different problem, but just as annoying.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Good news for those who haven't got thier cars yet.The drains that have the foam blocks have been changed on newer cars. They are now using bent plastic pieces that are sewn in. Just so you won't feel left out, they used smaller foam blocks behind the bent plastic pieces to keep them from putting holes in the top. They really are fixing the little things as they can.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Today I dropped my SKY off at the dealer to take care of this problem. They used weatherstrip adhesive to secure the cubes. It looks like it'll work, but only time will tell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts