Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Did you find your car yet? I know you said you drove one but did you close the deal?
Thank you for asking!
I've never bought a used car from a private seller before.
Turns out you have to wait a few days for the bank to get everything set...
The seller is thankfully patiently waiting.
I'm super afraid of them selling it before the bank finalizes everything.

·
7,051 Posts
I still don't like restricting the intercooler any more than necessary. I don't know if the bullet grill mounts like the NAs does (to the existing plastic grill) but I didn't want any more restriction than what the plastic one provided to protect the intercooler from impacts with major road debris. You are right though that it is probably an inconsequential restriction to cooling an air charge from the K04 turbo in the DDM intercooler...

...though scanning and evaluating IAT1 versus IAT2 temps both with and without the billet grill is the only way to know for sure. Also this turbo is moving a LOT more air than a K04... (PAW's WR-4 is what is on my car)

View attachment 113187
Robo, what TUNE are you using. and what are the NUMBERS?
Whats the reason for the extra bung on the downpipe?

·
Super Moderator
11,367 Posts
Robo, what TUNE are you using. and what are the NUMBERS?
Whats the reason for the extra bung on the downpipe?
Dave Gilbert (PAW) is tuning the car since I got the engine and turbo from him. I also keep track of what he is changing and can do some simple stuff on my own if I have to.

Haven't had it on the dyno yet and she's only pushing 15psi on the WR-4 turbo at the moment but we are shooting for 450 on 91 and 500 on E85 (with a flex fuel setup) at the wheels. She made 266 at the wheels on the K04 turbo at 15-16 psi and this is a LOT more power already. Dave believes at 25 psi we should hit our targets. We'll see. I keep an open mind. I dropped compression in the LE5 from 10.4:1 to 8.8:1 to run that kind of pressure.

Extra bung on the downpipe is for my wide band O2 sensor. The NAs use a narrow band for fueling and with a setup like this, I want to KNOW what my fueling is so the narrow band does it's thing and the wide band I can monitor to make sure the AFR is always where it needs to be. Redlines have wide bands from factory so you don't have to do this with them. I also have an electronic boost controller mounted along with the Wide Band gauge in a DDM A-pillar dual pod setup.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts