Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
After 10 months of waiting, my car is finally here.
The car look very good with the exception of a deep scratch on the driver side-view mirror housing and a cloud of moisture and some dropplets of water in each tail light. I asked to have them changed. I'm waiting to see what they will say.
Aren't tail lights supposed to be sealed? I'm concern that it will eventually create corosion around the bulb sockets and long term deteriorate the interior finish..
Is anyone experiencing the same problem? If so, what is your dealer response and what are your suggestions.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
450 Posts
they will replace them. A friend had the same problem with his lights. Fix them ASAP.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Those are defects -- tell them you need them replaced:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
There seems to be a condensation phenomena with all the lights, front & back. I (we) see it almost everyday (morning only), donno if that is a reason to replace them tho, we have the same phenom with the front windows of my house every day--just the front window mind ya--that is weird, but I don't think I'll ask them to replace anything unless there is a failure, once the sun hits them, they do turn back to crystal clear--:confused:

·
Registered
450 Posts
There seems to be a condensation phenomena with all the lights, front & back. I (we) see it almost everyday (morning only), donno if that is a reason to replace them tho, we have the same phenom with the front windows of my house every day--just the front window mind ya--that is weird, but I don't think I'll ask them to replace anything unless there is a failure, once the sun hits them, they do turn back to crystal clear--:confused:

Mine are the same way. But there have been a few with water on the inside.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Mine are the same way. But there have been a few with water on the inside.
Aaah water, that is a different, I guess we better distinguish between "actual water" in them and "condensation in the morning in them" LOL--:lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for the quick replies.
Normally I wouln't worry about a I little condensation but there is too many drops of water to evaporate (especially in one of them). Also, I noticed this mid-afternoon, it must be even worse mornings (especially with are canadian weather).

We'll see what they say. Apart from this little issue, I still have to argue the base MSRP of my car (31665 CND). I placed my order on Dec 1 2005 but 10 months after, they want to charge me their current GM invoice amount.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
My tailights are also having alot of condensation built up in them. The inside of the passenger one even got wet when i sprayed the car down. Gonna have to get em replaced.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Froggy and wet tail lights

Hi all,
After 10 months of waiting, my car is finally here.
The car look very good with the exception of a deep scratch on the driver side-view mirror housing and a cloud of moisture and some dropplets of water in each tail light. I asked to have them changed. I'm waiting to see what they will say.
Aren't tail lights supposed to be sealed? I'm concern that it will eventually create corosion around the bulb sockets and long term deteriorate the interior finish..
Is anyone experiencing the same problem? If so, what is your dealer response and what are your suggestions.

Thanks in advance
I guess I'm slow but why are you complaining about moisture in your tail lights :confused:, I would assume the froggys would not want to live in a dry enclosure?:lol: :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts