Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No not the car, but I told him since he bought it for himself for his birthday, my present for him was for me to detail it for him. Did the whole works, wash, clay, polish, wax. Showed him the difference in the paint texture before and after clay barring. Really impressed him. I could have bought him a detail at a shop but I figure that the effort of me doing it for him was worth more. He was really liked how it looked after.:thumbs:

P.S. that's a good looking Sky reflecting in the shine!:D

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks great. I've been reading the posts for detailing my sky. You've had some great info. Thanks.

P.S. any recommendations on what to use to protect the plastic on the rear of the sky??

Pulpem
New Sky 5 days old.
Blk w/ Blk and Red Interior

·
Registered
160 Posts
Outstanding! I'm sure that's something he's going to remember for a long time. Good on ya!

Nice looking Sky there too!
:cheers:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Good work !!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Looks great. I've been reading the posts for detailing my sky. You've had some great info. Thanks.

P.S. any recommendations on what to use to protect the plastic on the rear of the sky??

Pulpem
New Sky 5 days old.
Blk w/ Blk and Red Interior
303 aerospace protectant is what i'll be using. High SPF Value, water rolls off, lasts a long time.

Here's a Quote:
Since new my ENTIRE interior has been coated several times with the 303 Protectant, and lots of outside areas. Just put an old/clean white sock on my hand, spray the sock and wipe on. Buffing off excess only on shinny black plastic parts, inside door handles, gauge lens.
http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=protectant
I HATE Armor-All...discolors everything over time and is slippery.

303 was designed for marine/boats & really helps UV protect. It works on leather, plastic, metal, rubber seals. Would not use any other product. I coat the doors, dash, plastic on radio, back of mirror, leather seats, steering wheel, gray plastic around shifter...ALL OF IT. On the outside I coat the black facia under the rear bumper, the inside of all 4 rims (really helped the tar I went through not stick), black plastic under the wipers, plastic on headlights/rear lights, ONSTAR antenna, and all the rubber seals, even under the engine/hood.

from this thread.
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5267&highlight=303

There are is a lot of feedback on 303 on this forum is you search 303. i hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts