Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would get the general feeling and thoughts of the cars for sale on Ebay. There seems to be something unsavory about it to me. One seller responded to my question that he bought it with the intention of selling it. Has another one on order. Why would someone wait and wait and then get rid of the car? Get the first and then want a redline? Making a few grand doesn't seem like the insentive to me, not that I would turn down a few grand, but I wouldn't want to get it in this fashion. And wouldn't you have to make a couple of month's payments, assuming you have a loan, while waiting for the auction to end and buyer to arrive? What says you?

·
Registered
692 Posts
I wouldn't buy a car at all on e-bay. Not worth the hassles associated with it when I can go to a reputable dealership. Thers CARMAX and AUTONATION with warranties and great service. Lot's of other choices, e-bay isn't one I choose.
Besides, I don't like the taste of folks buying brand new to turn a profit on those of us who really wanted this car. Let 'em make payments on a car they don't want in the first place!:D

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
StarlightSky said:
I wouldn't buy a car at all on e-bay. Not worth the hassles associated with it when I can go to a reputable dealership. Thers CARMAX and AUTONATION with warranties and great service. Lot's of other choices, e-bay isn't one I choose.
Besides, I don't like the taste of folks buying brand new to turn a profit on those of us who really wanted this car. Let 'em make payments on a car they don't want in the first place!:D

See now that is my opinion. My wife says there's something not right. Let's say they bought the car in March, that's four months worth of payments, plus they'll have to pay Ebay's commission. All that eats into whatever profit they may make if that's what they are out for.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Assuming they didn't pay cash, any payments they make they would get right back when they sell the car.

The only loss they would take is the little bit of interest they paid and then the Ebay commission.

I see nothing wrong with it personally. It's obviously aggravating to those waiting on cars, but sometimes you have to make money any way you can. :thumbs:

·
Registered
304 Posts
SSC_Summit said:
I would have to assume then if a dealer was charging 3,000 over MSRP you wouldn't have a problem with it?
No, as long as the customer knew about it and therefore has a choice on whether or not to still buy it.

I'm not saying it's a classy thing to do, just that I don't have a problem with someone trying to make a buck.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
One thing a few Saturn dealers are doing is buying up all the Sky's on E-mail. THey can sell them for whatever they can get once they are a used car. GM or Saturn can't come down on them. I saw a dealer sell buy one for 26,5 and sell it for 34.

I have bid on a couple, but i have a price I won't go over.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Not sure how they can make much money. They still have to pay sales tax, license etc:confused:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
The Saturn dealers are only making like 900 per Sky. They can double that on a used one, and get one more persons crossed off their waiting lists.

·
Registered
421 Posts
cars.com has been averaging about a doz cars for the last two weeks. Mostly dealers reselling used models so they are either buying back or selling their demonstrators as used. Vehix turns up less than 10 and Autotrader.com has been averaging about five times that amount incase someone wants to check those sites.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
SkyHi07 said:
The Saturn dealers are only making like 900 per Sky. They can double that on a used one, and get one more persons crossed off their waiting lists.
An average SKY with extras is more like 1800 to 2200 ... The invoice prices seem to hang right around that mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts