Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OEM Subwoofer Complete Enclosure Housing, USB Radio (Would need to be reprogram to your car) and a 15-MR10D4 - 10" Shallow 4 Ohm DVC Subwoofer.
SKU#. 78059, speaker alone $240 Value.
Check-out this Link ----> 15-SC10D4 - Memphis 10" Shallow 4 Ohm DVC Subwoofer
Choice of 1 USB Radio - Real Carbon fiber or the Gray face plate Radio.

All for the Price of: $195 + Shipping

Shipping ONLY to United States 48 Mainland States, Sorry!

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
I have been holding out for a GPS/back up camera radio. This is interesting, it appears it is a USB radio. Does if have the orange lettering?

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Was this setup used in a monsoon system? I see it matches the center console that I have.

·
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been holding out for a GPS/back up camera radio. This is interesting, it appears it is a USB radio. Does if have the orange lettering?
No these have the Teal color display...
If it had the amber display you would of seen the price for these items much higher.... The door charm is louder on these compared to the OEM amber USB radios...

·
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was this setup used in a monsoon system? I see it matches the center console that I have.
Yes Christopher, at one time this was my installed radio that's the reason I said needs to be reprogrammed, long story!

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
@skersfan (or others)...

I have obtained a new & unused Sky USB faceplate (i.e. gloss black, all amber lighting) that I might be convinced to part with for some moolah.

It SHOULD be swapable with one of these radios, but cannot guarantee - certainly without seeing one with its faceplate removed.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Thanks TS, but I have another stock radio, not the USB type. I am wanting the GPS/Phone/back up camera and a large screen. Will hold off on this, but do appreciate your offer.

Thanks to you two guys. Marvic1 it is pretty kool that you put this stuff on here at a reduced rate, as you know you could sell it on EBAy for more. Taking care of other Sky owners is pretty neat. TS, you are always the first to offer to help. You amaze me with your knowledge.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Yes Christopher, at one time this was my installed radio that's the reason I said needs to be reprogrammed, long story!
How painful is the reprogramming process? I was reading this link on the site that suggested it could be painfully easy or obnoxiously hard depending on which dealer you take it to?

·
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sub Woffer

Does that sub fit the enclosure, or is some MacGuyvering required?
Here is the same Subwoofer speaker I'm selling in this "Sound System Package", just the outer panel needs to be cut and that line as to where to cut is there already, easy!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Certainly don't want to hijack Vic's thread, but I was just curious about something. this spring I had a removed my stock stereo and replaced it with a Kenwood unit as shown in the photo, I was just wondering why my car did not need reflashing for the new stereo installation (at least I was never told if it did). If anyone is interested I still have the old unit, I do live in Canada so shipping could be somewhat of a problem as Vic can probably attest to, but it is from Canada......LOL.

I'm just curious that's all.......

Terry
:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Your car only needs 'flashing' if you are putting in a stock GM radio that has previously been operated in another car. It's the OEM anti-theft feature. If you sell your old radio to someone else, they'll need the dealer to 'flash' it (actually, it's to reset the anti-theft in the radio itself) before it will be operable.

An aftermarket radio does not have this feature.

There's a way around this for someone with the 'skillz'. The EEPROM chip that stores the car signature in the radio can be unsoldered and replaced with a blank one. Then the OEM radio will think that it's 'new' and link with a new car all on its own - no dealer trip required.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Your car only needs 'flashing' if you are putting in a stock GM radio that has previously been operated in another car. It's the OEM anti-theft feature. If you sell your old radio to someone else, they'll need the dealer to 'flash' it (actually, it's to reset the anti-theft in the radio itself) before it will be operable.

An aftermarket radio does not have this feature.

There's a way around this for someone with the 'skillz'. The EEPROM chip that stores the car signature in the radio can be unsoldered and replaced with a blank one. Then the OEM radio will think that it's 'new' and link with a new car all on its own - no dealer trip required.
Thanks for the explanation TS, I had always been curious. Now back Marvic's post.

Terry
:cheers:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts