Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let yas know the first batch of Opel's will be shipping soon.
Hope one is yours :thumbs:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Say, the website still shows the red dash--is that for real?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Are they selling those here too? How much different are they..if at all?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I am sure there was some discussion about this, but memory fades...Thanks for the clarification. I like the uniqueness of this car. It is affordable but rare. I have yet to be on the road with one at the same time.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Just wanted to let yas know the first batch of Opel's will be shipping soon.
Hope one is yours :thumbs:
Any info about the largeness of a batch?
How many cars at one time for the transport across the atlantic? :confused:

·
Registered
422 Posts
No, not in the US. And I think they said a loaded one would be around 40,000.00 US. Due to the export and shipping cost.
Hi deluke,

be careful with that numbers. You have to consider that in Europe it's usual to talk about gross costs (all taxes included) and in the USA you talk about net costs without tax.

Here is the example for Germany (1.27 US$=1 Euro; 1 US$=0.79 €):

Base Opel GT > 29,900 € > ~ 38,000 $
net price GT > 25,775 € > ~ 32,735 $

Options (net prices):

Colour yellow > 0 € (nothing at all :) )
Colour red > 168 € > ~ 213 $
Colour met > 386 € > ~ 490 $ (al others beside of green and white)

Opels premium package including leather seats, 6CD, monsoon:
prem. pack > 1050 € > ~ 1333 $

Total net price with metallic colour and premium package ~ 34,560 $
2007 VAT 19% ~6,566 $
Transport ~ 700 $
Total price at home ~ 41,825 $

Comparable to the US prices would be the total net price 34,560 (loaded) plus transport >>> round about 35,000 $.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did anyone know,when they start the regular Production of the OPEL GT??

@Pitcom did you work at the factory in Wilmington??

·
Registered
217 Posts
Opel Gt

Does anyone know when the OPEL GTs will be arriving in Europe for customers that have already ordered.

Or even the numbers being produced for the European market I have see somewhere in the forum that it will be 100 units per month, is this correct??

has manufacture and shipping already begun and if so when can we expect to see them on the roads in Europe?

Information is very limited here.

Regards to all

no so patient Opel GT orderer :banghead:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Saleable GT's

Last I heard ..Saleable units would start production February 2007
Production of GT's was 697 units until end of Jan. (minus 1 damaged by a high speed french test driver). Seems to be a little high if that all are for test and dealers cars.
The first cars shall be sold in march, if you calculate ~ 6 weeks for collecting a batch of cars, overseas and inner Europe transport, IMO part or all of the Jan. production should be saleable too.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
No, not in the US. And I think they said a loaded one would be around 40,000.00 US. Due to the export and shipping cost.
doesn't sound too bad with shipping costs. but is that including making it emissions ready?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I too have ordered an opel gt from 18 november 2006 and still waiting here in Greece to get my hands on it.
Dealer says mid April for delivery and only 40-50 cars are to be sold in Greece.
Price is 35.500 euros approx usd 46150(all included).
In standard equipm.is power height driver's adjustable seat.
Extras will be an OEM windblocker and tailor made luggage bags.

BTW,specs say 264 hp and net weight excluding driver is 1330 kilos,ESP and traction can be completely off.
Read somewhere that production for october was 25 pcs,november 37 and December 199.

This waiting is killing me..:willy:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just got my hands on a press kit for the gt with lots of info and thought it will be worth attaching it here...
Over 30 pages and i think this motor has an overboost function cause max boost is 1.2 bar and the press kit says 1.38(overboost?)
Enjoy it..

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Does anyone know when the OPEL GTs will be arriving in Europe for customers that have already ordered.

Or even the numbers being produced for the European market I have see somewhere in the forum that it will be 100 units per month, is this correct??

has manufacture and shipping already begun and if so when can we expect to see them on the roads in Europe?

Information is very limited here.

Regards to all

no so patient Opel GT orderer :banghead:
You can expect to see the ONLY SKY Red Line driving around London and the South East coast in the next few weeks. My SKY is now at Liverpool Docks awaiting transportation to London.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Interior

Hi! Does anyone know if a 1.9m height person fits in an Opel GT (Sky)? Also is the steering wheel adjustable?
Thanks in advance

1 - 20 of 24 Posts