Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
twirp said:
For those of you who have ordered I was very curious about what interest rates you were getting ( term & % rate) since my dealers website lists rates for all cars excluding the Sky. My bank quoted me 4.25% 5yrs. I would also like to know what extended warrantys are going for as well. ( length & deductible) I was told about a grand for 5yr 50000 mile 100 deductible. We are supposed to go and place final order this coming Monday and wanted to have an idea when it came time. Thanks.
I don't know about you but I cannot get a interest rate locked in until about a week before the car arrives.... right now ours is at 5.25% but who knows what it will be when the car gets here....Last time I bought an extended warrenty it cost about $800 to extend it two years and another 24,000 miles.
I never buy them except for one time on a used vehicle, and it paid off for me....

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a blank check in my hot little hands with an interest rate for 5.75% locked for 1 month, after that we have to re-address the current interest rates. What are my chance of having a car by April 10 (ha ha!) Oh well how much can it go up??
Kimmi

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
kimmi said:
I have a blank check in my hot little hands with an interest rate for 5.75% locked for 1 month, after that we have to re-address the current interest rates. What are my chance of having a car by April 10 (ha ha!) Oh well how much can it go up??
Kimmi
I have a bank check waiting for the amount, in an emergency I could write a personal check though.:D

·
Registered
802 Posts
Ernest said:
I have a bank check waiting for the amount, in an emergency I could write a personal check though.:D
Ditto on all!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Ernest said:
Stick some money in these 2 stocks for the next month and possibly pay cash for it: NHWK and API!:thumbs:

·
Registered
127 Posts
So back to being patient? Can you tell I am not good at that??
Just a little bit longer. Only thing I can tell you if this doesnt happen soon I really am fixin to have a meltdown. Okay back to earth. Maybe a nice walk on the beach. See you guys later,
Kimmi:willy: :cool:

·
Registered
96 Posts
USFJoseph said:
My blank check from Citibank already expired :( Waiting to hear more before I apply again.
Does anybody know if multiple applications for car loans (even though it is for the same car) lower your FICO or is it all bunched together like one application??:confused:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
JayZ said:
Does anybody know if multiple applications for car loans (even though it is for the same car) lower your FICO or is it all bunched together like one application??:confused:
Yes multiple apps hurt your credit score...here in Canada it is called a Beacon score.

Why is everyone getting bank loans??? Won't GMAC have some great 4 or 5 percent rates on this vehicle???

I am waiting for GMAC...bank rate here in Canada is 7.75% right now...maybe could get 7.5% but that would be a stretch

·
Registered
96 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
Yes multiple apps hurt your credit score...here in Canada it is called a Beacon score.

Why is everyone getting bank loans??? Won't GMAC have some great 4 or 5 percent rates on this vehicle???

I am waiting for GMAC...bank rate here in Canada is 7.75% right now...maybe could get 7.5% but that would be a stretch
Thanks for the info. My plan was to finance through GMAC. I've got a soft spot for GM and their recent financial woes and figure this is a way to support them.:patriot:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Do you really think GMAC will offer "special rates for the Sky" I always thought those special rates were intended to help sale cars. Dont think this car needs any help
Kimmi:D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
kimmi said:
Do you really think GMAC will offer "special rates for the Sky" I always thought those special rates were intended to help sale cars. Dont think this car needs any help
:agree:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
kimmi said:
I know they will be lower than bank rate. GMAC is ALWAYS lower than bank rate. I'll eat my leather wrapped steering wheel if it is not a lower rate.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Good to know will have to enquire before I fill out my blank check.
Thanks

PS I hear eathing the leather is not so good for digestion (ha ha):lol:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Hope to get enough money from the school bus totaling my bike to pay cash, if not, Navy Fed CU has 2.9% if you qualify.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
TexSon said:
Hope to get enough money from the school bus totaling my bike to pay cash, if not, Navy Fed CU has 2.9% if you qualify.
What kind of Bike is worth $25,000???!!! (or do you also have some cashola saved up?)

Good for you though if they give you that much.

The priceless thing is that you got hit by a bus on a bike and you are still alive...send some of that luck my way.

·
Registered
182 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
I'll eat my leather wrapped steering wheel.
If you're going to do that you may as well just go to Outback...

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
Last time I bought an extended warrenty it cost about $800 to extend it two years and another 24,000 miles.
I never buy them except for one time on a used vehicle, and it paid off for me....
I bought a extended warrenty for my son's Saturn Sl1 (used) and it really paid off. The head blew when the warrenty was about 200 miles over the extention and my dealer still honored it. I can't say enough good things about my dealer.!:thumbs:

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
I have a credit union rate of 5.64%, but just spk w/ my salesman who said that they would have more info on the GM "incentives" closer to the delivery time, but of course he still would not give me a definite date to expect delivery of my SKY:banghead:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts