·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
79 Posts
no

they mean that this car is for college and younger people and anyone older just looks silly......j/k........I ask my parents if they wanted to drive mine and they said they would feel embarrassed.........

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
skybeam said:
they mean that this car is for college and younger people and anyone older just looks silly......j/k........I ask my parents if they wanted to drive mine and they said they would feel embarrassed.........
Well, Forbes is wrong. GM did not design this car with college kids in mind and by the profiles of members of this group, they seem to have been pretty much on target.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
You are right about the Saturn customer profile. I read it at the dealership while he went to get an order form. The primary target was far from college kids.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Maybe parents buying their college kids a SKY for a car??:lol: :D

I don't think so...:nono: Perhaps I'd drive :driving: my SKY to visit the kids in school!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
SKYtime said:
You are right about the Saturn customer profile. I read it at the dealership while he went to get an order form. The primary target was far from college kids.
I feel like there have been a lot of target markets Saturn has tried to reach, though college and younger kids never seemed to be one of them.

If you were to look at the first commercials for the Sky (no longer present but once on the Sky microsite) they were aimed at middle aged hard working Americans and family bodies who were looking for a break from a mundane day.

There have been promotional materials ("I am a roadster man") that have featured 20 something’s who appear to be the single and living alone with expendable income to buy a fun car. (This is my market btw)

The promotional tie in to Project Runway showed Saturn going after even another market.

Saturn has always been aware that they are a good first car for kids and college students and the Ion's marketing through MTV can show that. I think the Sky's target market does span across a wide range of groups; it’s just interesting to see where they have placed it.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
There will be a lot of stupid looking College kids standing around waiting for a bus as Ernest and I (and a few of the other oldies but goodies) drive by in our Skys!:lol:

·
Banned
36 Posts
I think it is styled along the same ques as popular asian :cool:imports. So this brings it into a college person's area.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Its the ideal car for those of us who were college kids - long enough ago.. that we wouldn't mind being that age again.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts