Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the never ending pursuit of additional storage spots in our Sky's, has anyone one else found the "grab handle" right over the top right end of the driver's sun visor most likely to be used as a grab handle to pull the top closed. If you feel around inside that slot, you'll notice that it is walled off both left and right. My Razr cell phone fits in there perfectly. It would also hold parking cards, or company badges. It's obviously only useful when the top is up.

The pouches in the front of the seat hid from me until one of the earlier posts listed them with the seat back pouches.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I will have to check this out next week when I get home. Thanks. :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Dang!!:banghead: Will have to wait til I get home now (Left Sunni1 at home, garaged, as they say we may get hail!!):D

·
Registered
453 Posts
The pouches in the front of the seat hid from me until one of the earlier posts listed them with the seat back pouches.
Isn't it amazing that the salesperson never told us about all the little extra's hidden in the car? I guess it's because they knew about as much about the car as we did? :D

Theresa

·
Registered
386 Posts
Put together one list

Hi everyone that has a SKY, how about putting together a list of all the hiding spots or even better yet pics for us that are still waiting. I know I have seen a few threads stating a spot here an there but it would be nice to have one list we can print off.

thanks to all of you.:cheers:

·
Registered
223 Posts
In the never ending pursuit of additional storage spots in our Sky's, has anyone one else found the "grab handle" right over the top right end of the driver's sun visor most likely to be used as a grab handle to pull the top closed. If you feel around inside that slot, you'll notice that it is walled off both left and right. My Razr cell phone fits in there perfectly. It would also hold parking cards, or company badges. It's obviously only useful when the top is up.

Great to know that, I'll check mine when I get it!:)

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Someone pointed this out a few weeks ago...

CaseLogic cellphone/sunglass organizer coveniently wedges between driver's seet and center console. I put mine between the passenger seat and console since most of the time I don't have a passenger in the car. Works great. Has thin mesh pocket on the opposite side that is as large as the two pockets you can see here. The mesh pocket is great for change and some folding cash for tolls.

http://www.caselogic.com/cell_phone_sunglass_wedge/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=57172

Rumor has it that it is also available at a Big Box Discount Retailer that is hated by many.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,063 Posts

CaseLogic cellphone/sunglass organizer coveniently wedges between driver's seet and center console. I put mine between the passenger seat and console since most of the time I don't have a passenger in the car. Works great. Has thin mesh pocket on the opposite side that is as large as the two pockets you can see here. The mesh pocket is great for change and some folding cash for tolls.

http://www.caselogic.com/cell_phone_sunglass_wedge/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=57172

Rumor has it that it is also available at a Big Box Discount Retailer that is hated by many.
I got one of those at Wally World and love it...I have it on my (driver's) side and it does not interfere with driving or comfort at all...it works like a charm.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I'll definitely check that out in about an hour, when I get off work.

I also rigged up a little storage pouch on both the driver and passenger side. Went to the above mentioned "big box store" and bought two 'trash bag' type deals - similar to the pouch shown in a previous post - in the auto parts accessories department. It's about 6 inches long and about 3 inches wide. It comes with one full length pocket and 3/4 length mesh pocket. Made of vinyl. They also come with a hook-and-loop tab on top and a hook-and-loop square with an adhesive backing. Stuck the sticky side of the tab on the side of the center console just forward of the seat. stuck the bag to the tab and voila, more storage!

Keeps a soft tissue package in a great spot for the W and it'll keep a map or two from flying around. Total cost = @ 10 bucks.

:D

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I'll definitely check that out in about an hour, when I get off work.

I also rigged up a little storage pouch on both the driver and passenger side. Went to the above mentioned "big box store" and bought two 'trash bag' type deals - similar to the pouch shown in a previous post - in the auto parts accessories department. It's about 6 inches long and about 3 inches wide. It comes with one full length pocket and 3/4 length mesh pocket. Made of vinyl. They also come with a hook-and-loop tab on top and a hook-and-loop square with an adhesive backing. Stuck the sticky side of the tab on the side of the center console just forward of the seat. stuck the bag to the tab and voila, more storage!

Keeps a soft tissue package in a great spot for the W and it'll keep a map or two from flying around. Total cost = @ 10 bucks.

:D
I was at the Three Stooges Auto Store the other day and I noticed a couple of items that woud be useful

One is a cupholder that works similar to the item above. except it is hard plastic but you wedge it in between the seats the same way.

A cupholder that attaches to you Vent fins. Also some sort of sticky thing that will hold all sorts of items. Might be worth checking out.

·
Registered
351 Posts

I got mine about 2 hours ago at the Davie store:thumbs:

·
Registered
138 Posts

Between both seats and the "Saturn" sill strips, are long narrow slots for coins, pens and whatever.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts

Would that be TarMart or Walget??? :jester: Maybe SearsMart or KRoebuck! :confused:

·
Registered
230 Posts
My husband and I just returned from a weekend trip in our new baby, Cayenne. We were able to use generic duffle bags in the trunk and fit all of our stuff and still put the top down safely. I was surprised at the amount of things that you can put in there!!
Thanks for telling me about the pocket on the top - we put our razor phones in there and it worked well. One word of caution - keep and eye on the phone, after a while of driving it jumped out and landed in my lap! It did the same thing when my husband was driving too (I guess we are slow learners!:) )

1 - 18 of 18 Posts